SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-15, 1-8) @ NDSU (8-13, 5-4) 1/27 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

UND has reached the halfway point of the season and starts its 2nd half against the hated Bison.

The first matchup in Grand Forks was rough, UND needs to avoid a repeat of that.

NDSU is going to come in angry after being humbled at home against ORU and KC.   They went from being 2nd in the conference to thrown back in the middle of the muck.

UND is going to have to come up with a plan to slow down Nelson and Morgan.  Can UND shoot it well enough from outside to overcome that inside tandum? 

T has been playing well these past few games and last year had a big game in Fargo, can he do the same thing here?

Can UND jumpstart its 2nd half with 3 winnable road games become coming home against Omaha and DU?

Non-UND thoughts on the Summit

1) ORU is the class of the Summit and can make a run in March... but can they get there?

2) There are several teams that could make a case that they could be playing on Tuesday Night in Sioux Falls, can anyone emerge in the muck?

3) Western emerging as the 3rd best team in the Summit?  Time to give Rob Jeter some love for COY?

4) DU is a mess right now off the court

The Call:

If UND can shoot it well and contain the two down low, they will have a chance.  The problem is, I think they only slow down one of them and the Bison win by around 10 points.

NDSU 82-72

Game is on the Plus

*Keep it clean people

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm hopeful this stays close......but I don't think it will.  In rivalry games on the road a team needs to true point guard position to control possessions and the pace of play. 

I’m a naive homer but there’s absolutely no reason this shouldn’t stay close. I wouldn’t say NDSU has an immense talent advantage. Nelson and Morgan are good. Wheeler-Thomas is progressing. I’m not saying we will win but if we see something like the first matchup that is pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm hopeful this stays close......but I don't think it will.  In rivalry games on the road a team needs to true point guard position to control possessions and the pace of play. 

I just wish Trent wasn't so limited offensively! He is a true PG and I think can control the pace of play/get the team into what they need depending on the situation. It's just that he is so limited offensively it's hard to have him out there for big minutes.

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I just wish Trent wasn't so limited offensively! He is a true PG and I think can control the pace of play/get the team into what they need depending on the situation. It's just that he is so limited offensively it's hard to have him out there for big minutes.

Let's hope tonight is the night that he unveils his no-hesitation 3 point shot.

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I've been pleased that he's a good finisher when he gets to the rim, and does a good job of getting there.  I'd like to see him do it more often, though, but have the presence to kick it out when heavily covered.  I think it would open up things on the outside more.