SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-15, 1-8) @ NDSU (8-13, 5-4) 1/27 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

Sather is a good guy. We just have bad luck.  The portal is mean to us. Our budget sucks. Grand forks gets cold in the winter .  It's fun to lose as long as we play hard and represent the good old green and white .   (Ira this is sarcasm) I think that about covers it for the minions 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Hard to adjust when your players aren't as good as the opponents.  Recruiting and retainage.

There is some talent on UND's roster and I really like Danielson. Seems like a good kid and really hard worker, but if he is starting and playing big minutes for a D1 team there may be an overall talent issue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Our defensive rotation is atrocious.  Grant Nelson scored at will and we were still leaving him WIDE open.  T can’t stop Grant one one one and we let him score 25 before we thought it may be a good idea to give him some help.  When the bison drove, we waved them through with no help whatsoever.  Do we really think it is a coincidence that every team we play shoots 50 to 60%???  Not going to win any games with that kind of defense, unless we count on setting a 3 point scoring record every game.  That was our only conference win - and may be our only conference win this year.  We do have some promising freshman, but it will be a miracle if we keep them out of the portal to stay and win about 3 games against NAIA teams plus one or two conference wins a season….  Sather has got to make some adjustments or we may not win another game this year….  We can’t afford to have two or three guards on the floor at the same time that simply cannot hit an outside shot.  Just won’t work.   I thought we turned the corner on offense last week, but we went back to an anemic offense in the second half.  And our defense is just painful to watch.

• Upvote 2

Coaching staff is just setting kids up for failure. 
Not sure what our game plan was defensively?? Let Nelson get as comfortable as possible?? Can’t imagine what it would have looked like if Morgan played tonight. 
Offensively we reverted back to what we did the first 20 games of the season. Asking kids to do things they’re just not capable of doing and not even giving them a chance to succeed. 
Overall first trip to the SHAC sucked. Will not be back until UND can put a competent coaching staff in place 

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m of the opinion that Sather could figure it out but it’s time to move on. Let everyone leave, I don’t care. Let’s just restart. Best for UND and probably best for Sather, tbh. 

He can’t figure out how to open a door if it lead him to a win…guy has created a disaster of a locker room. Trash Coach @ me IRA 

Edited by UND-SPORTS-FAN

Got home late and had to watch game on dvr. Few observations. 1. They have Grant Nelson and we don't. 2. Only hole I see in Nelson's game is he doesn't seem to finish at all with his left hand or want to go left even if given that by the defense, he improves on that and it only adds to his potential on the next level. 3. Matt Norman has become really fun to watch shoot. He is shooting with such confidence and he truly expects every shot to go in. 4. Everytime T takes over 4 dribbles inside a buzzer should go off so he knows to pick the ball up and pass it...nothing good happens when he gets to 5 plus dribbles.  I do like his improvement this year outside the arc tho. 5. Need the women to save some Und pride for us tomorrow. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, UND1992 said:

Got home late and had to watch game on dvr. Few observations. 1. They have Grant Nelson and we don't. 2. Only hole I see in Nelson's game is he doesn't seem to finish at all with his left hand or want to go left even if given that by the defense, he improves on that and it only adds to his potential on the next level. 3. Matt Norman has become really fun to watch shoot. He is shooting with such confidence and he truly expects every shot to go in. 4. Everytime T takes over 4 dribbles inside a buzzer should go off so he knows to pick the ball up and pass it...nothing good happens when he gets to 5 plus dribbles.  I do like his improvement this year outside the arc tho. 5. Need the women to save some Und pride for us tomorrow. 

Good observations! I’d agree 100% with everything you said!

• Upvote 1