SiouxSports.com Forum

USA U18 @ UND - New Year's Eve

brianvf

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/eight-takeaways-from-unds-exhibition-victory-over-the-u-s-under-18-team

Forward Gavin Hain, who battled an injury in the first half of the season, was kept out for precautionary reasons. Hain practiced in full all week.

Forward Ben Strinden was out with an illness.

Defenseman Ryan Sidorski also was kept out due to conditioning. Sidorski was stuck at home in Buffalo all week due to a blizzard and he was unable to skate. He arrived back in Grand Forks on Thursday and had just one day of practice.

Hain, Strinden and Sidorski are all expected to be available for next weekend's series against Lindenwood. Blake will travel back to Grand Forks on Friday and is questionable. Montgomery will remain out.

Different take with Jackson providing quotes rather than Berry...don't normally get Berry calling out players:

"Owen's a great talent," UND associate coach Dane Jackson said. "But I didn't think he was very good in the first period for us. He had some high-risk plays and pucks went the other way. We obviously addressed it a little bit and I thought he had a really strong second and third. He made really good plays without having much risk to his game.

"That will be in the video for sure, when you see a guy like that take some tough love a little bit and respond to it and play the right way and play hard. We're really happy to show that to him and the rest of the team."

I thought Albrecht fit like a glove with Jammer and Senden. It gives Jammers line someone to really lay the wood on the other teams top line. I also really like Albrecht on the 4th line also. Might be more valuable on Jammers line though. I know Hain is gonna go back on Jjammers line but Albrecht brought that extreme physical presence when he was on Jammers line. Quite a conundrum.