So two Sioux (sort of) will be skating for Team USA.  A nice run for the Sioux:

2002: Parise, Jones, Greene

2003: Parise, Murray, Stafford

2004: Stafford, Lee

Congrats and good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2005: Lee, Chorney, Jones?

Way, way early, but one can speculate. :lol:

Note to Sioux scheduler: Try not to schedule games around next years WJC. :silly:

Shocking that gopher hammy is throwing s***fits (on uscho) over Lee making the team, while totally agreeing that Earl should not have, while being all over the good reasons for Hagemo and Golig..... however it's spelled :silly: were selected.

Looked at the uscho thread fully expecting to see it, and, there it is. Hammy is unbelievably predictable when it comes to anything connected with Sioux.

Shocking that gopher hammy is throwing s***fits (on uscho) over Lee making the team, while totally agreeing that Earl should not have, while being all over the good reasons for Hagemo and Golig..... however it's spelled :lol:  were selected.

Looked at the uscho thread fully expecting to see it, and, there it is. Hammy is unbelievably predictable when it comes to anything connected with Sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is remarkable in its predictability.

On PhilkesselOnIce (credit Rubeidiot) he called Lee's selection a "sham" and a "glaring mistake." If he said it, it has to be true! :silly:

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why Sandelin and the USA Hockey officials didn't get his input before naming the final roster - what were they thinking? :lol::lol:

Some big surprises here, most notably:

Made team: Brian Lee, Casey Borer, Kevin Porter, and the biggest surprise - Mike Brown, his stats so far this season - 2 goals 0 assists in 15 games - WTF was Sandy thinking there?

Didn't make it: J. Johnson, Thelen and the biggest surprise - Robbie Earl. I hate him as much as anyone else, but the kid can play his stats are 9 goals 12 assists in 16 games. How Brown and his 2 points gets in over Earl and his 21 is beyond me.

Some things to note:

First, if you are adding everyone, why not add alternates? Matt Smaby was named an alternate to the team last year.

I agree completely about AJ Thelen and Robbie Earl. Johnson is supposed to be the best defenseman out there right now in juniors. I guess Lee was more impressive. Both Lee and Johnson are up in this next draft. I'm wondering if this will affect their draft rankings.

Brown shouldn't have made the team.

I do have a question for you all: Since Canada went on to be extremely reluctant to name any US college players to their roster (those players who are Canadian attending US universities), only naming (to my knowledge) one. What do you think about being extremely reluctant for the US team to name any Americans to their roster currently playing in a Canadian based major junior team? If politics is going to enter into the field of play, then let's play ball?

Since Canada went on to be extremely reluctant to name any US college players to their roster (those players who are Canadian attending US universities), only naming (to my knowledge) one. What do you think about being extremely reluctant for the US team to name any Americans to their roster currently playing in a Canadian based major junior team? If politics is going to enter into the field of play, then let's play ball?

Oh gawwwd. Here we go again. :silly:

So let me get this straight (again). It's the biggest event in the biggest sport (in Canada). Canada, which takes more pride in its hockey than anything else, is hellbent on avenging its gold medal loss one year ago.

Yet Hockey Canada is intentionally icing less-than-their-best to prove some sort of political "junior vs. U.S. college" principle?

Someone hold my hair while I puke.

As a follow up to my first response, I thought I'd provide some facts before this "Canadian conspiracy against U.S. collegians" gets out of hand again. Please note, that I first posted these numbers last Jan. 5 (after the World Jr. tournament) when Sioux fans were insisting there was a Canadian bias against college players. I must say, as far as conspiracies go, this is quite unimpressive:

For the sake of reference, my unofficial count has 40 NCAA players representing Canada at the World Juniors since 1982 (list below). That's roughly two per season, despite the fact that most of the elite Canadian hockey players choose Canadian major junior hockey over the U.S. college ranks.

2004: Jeff Tambellini (Michigan)

2003: David LeNeveu (Cornell)

2002: Mike Cammalleri (Michigan)

2001: Mike Cammalleri (Michigan), Dany Heatley (Wisconsin)

2000: Dany Heatley (Wisconsin), Matt Pettinger (Denver)

1999: Mike Van Ryn (Michigan)

1998: Mike Van Ryn (Michigan)

1996: Jason Botterill (Michigan), Mike Watt (Michigan State)

1995: Jason Botterill (Michigan)

1994: Jason Botterill (Michigan), Anson Carter (Michigan State)

1993: Paul Kariya (Maine), Adrian Aucoin (Boston University)

1992: Brad Bombardir (UND), Paul Kariya (Maine), Ryan Hughes (Cornell)

1991: Greg Johnson (UND), David Harlock (Michigan)

1990: Dwayne Norris (Michigan State), Dan Ratushny (Cornell), Scot Pellerin (Maine), Adrien Plavsic (New Hampshire), Jason Herter (UND)

1989: Rod Brind'Amour (Michigan State), Geoff Smith (UND)

1986: Joe Murphy (Michigan State), Joe Nieuwendyk (Cornell), Scott Mellanby (Wisconsin), Peter Douris (New Hampshire)

1985: Brad Berry (UND), Norm Foster (Michigan State)

1983: Pat Flatley (Wisconsin), Gord Sherven (UND), James Patrick (UND)

1982: Troy Murray (UND), Carey Wilson (Dartmouth), James Patrick (UND)...

Earl seems to have the talent, but their must be something we are missing. We know he was quite cocky about last year. We also see him do a lot of provoking and diving on the ice. I'm sure Sandelin talked to people about him.

So my biggest question is...

Is he a me guy or team guy?

I don't see UW a lot and we don't hear much about their team politics/turmoil if there is any.