SiouxSports.com Forum

Seawolves vs. Fighting Sioux (Friday)

01grad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briggs is giving up some big rebounds in this game.

I'm going to sit down and watch.  Go Sioux football tomorrow!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know if the football game is going to be on ESPN2. If it isn't it should be.

Ok so now that we won are we still #1 in the wcha cause I heard that the gophers(ick) were #1 now?;)?:huh:????

Gophers are rated #1 in the nation. Sioux have the points to be the #1 team in the WCHA race. However, we've also played more games than most of the other league teams so that's basically meaningless too.

I think this was a pretty good game from the 2nd period on.

I'll tell you two things about UAA:

1. Lawson is the real deal. A quality goaltender that can and will do everything King and Reiter did for UAA and probably improve on it. Very impressed by his play tonight. Very athletic.

2. UAA will not finish last in the WCHA.

great game by the sioux. we need it again tomorow night.

On a side note. Not trying to start anything but i didnt notice that "stateofhockey" hasnt shown up tonight with his wisecrack comments. hm..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could it be because his team got there arses handed to them?

sounds like a good game last night. will be watching tonight...great to see murray in the lineup and getting a assist...keep it rolling, wcha points are so important no matter who you are playing and its great we have won 5 wcha games in a row. keep it up!!!!!! go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back home from the game last night. Schedule wouldn't allow us to see both. Rats.

The second period flurry by the Sioux was unbelievable. I have not checked this thread, nor the stats, but it seems like the Sioux had 20 or more SOGs in the Second alone. The Alaska goalie was exhausted. We were right on ice level in that end. You could see it in his and everyone's faces. It was just a matter of time before one went in.

Sioux defense rotating in in the offensive end. Huge.

Anyway, the second period ovation for the Sioux, right before they scored their go ahead goal, was the LOUDEST I have heard that arena to date. The place was rocking in appreciation for the non-stop effort.

Brady Murray, even at three-quarters strength, is a force and an influence.

Great game. Great win.

From where I sit, CC is a much better team than is the Gophers, at least right now.

SOH, WPoS, Sagard, GreyEagle, and all the other interlopers here can cry all they want about this observation, but it is true.

Better goaltender. Better forwards. Better chemistry. More experience. Coaching equal to the Don.

Guess we'll see tonight. Briggs sphincter slams shut again in his hometown.

CC 5-2.

From where I sit, CC is a much better team than is the Gophers, at least right now.

SOH, WPoS, Sagard, GreyEagle, and all the other interlopers here can cry all they want about this observation, but it is true.

Better goaltender.  Better forwards.  Better chemistry.  More experience.  Coaching equal to the Don.

Guess we'll see tonight.    Briggs sphincter slams shut again in his hometown.

CC  5-2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

7-2, good try though

I'll take my crow and eat it too.

Gophers looked real tough Saturday night. I thought that they would tire in the mountains.

I am really hoping for a Sioux-Gopher matchup at the Excel, and then again at Mariucci a short time later.

Lot of hockey to be played between now and then.

By the way, I agree that WPoS, GreyEagle, and Sagard have reasoned discussions. Nonetheless, they love to see the Sioux go down every bit as much as I love to see the Gophers go fish.