SiouxSports.com Forum

Other NCHC team forums?

FightingSU

I was trying to find an actual active forum for Denver or St. Cloud... and honestly.. I cannot find one. Same with Duluth even. I can find some really old inactive activity on random boards here and there, but I was very surprised to not be able to find an active hockey board or even other sports board for other NCHC teams. Does anyone know of any? I was curious to go see what Pioneer & Bulldog fans, etc, have been saying about us. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I know we have such a crazy and dedicated fan base, but the lack of other NCHC boards I think speaks volumes about our fan base.

I know there are Gopher forums, and some for some other schools. But for NCHC teams, I haven't found much. Certainly nothing comparable to SiouxSports.

21 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I was trying to find an actual active forum for Denver or St. Cloud... and honestly.. I cannot find one. Same with Duluth even. I can find some really old inactive activity on random boards here and there, but I was very surprised to not be able to find an active hockey board or even other sports board for other NCHC teams. Does anyone know of any? I was curious to go see what Pioneer & Bulldog fans, etc, have been saying about us. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I know we have such a crazy and dedicated fan base, but the lack of other NCHC boards I think speaks volumes about our fan base.

I know there are Gopher forums, and some for some other schools. But for NCHC teams, I haven't found much. Certainly nothing comparable to SiouxSports.

Denver has like 10 fans. So They’re not going to have a message board. :whistling:

NCHC teams that have message boards (or have previously, cannot confirm if they are still active) : Western Michigan, Omaha, Miami, SCSU. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Go to the Sioux Sports wiki page and click NCAA Hockey Links at the bottom of the page.  I don't think it has been updated in a while.  lol

I meant this whole wiki thing. I did not know this existed! This is AWESOME! I am going to work sometimes on updating this stuff. I did not know this was a thing. COOL!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I meant this whole wiki thing. I did not know this existed! This is AWESOME! I am going to work sometimes on updating this stuff. I did not know this was a thing. COOL!

The football and recruiting pages for other sports are helpful and they usually stay updated fyi

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Speez said:

You can thank Jim Dahl for starting this site over 20 years ago and keeping it going for the Sioux fans. My go to every day. Thanks again Jim.

I’m beyond thankful. This is essentially my only social media and it’s fun to be able to connect with Sioux fans. I’ve made some good friends on here already. Game nights here are a blast. 

The good old days @Sicatoka, eh Sic.

I vaguely remember the site crashed and Jim lost about 2 years of posts that he never recovered.

Lost a few other regulars along the way besides PCM. Diggler is one I recall that liked to instigate things.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, @Diggler(I believe "Dirty" at USCHO) was a "Jason Blake of the fan boards" in his day. :D 

I still talk to @Rickonce in a great while. @PCMis on speed dial. ;) 

I haven't seen anything of @fytingsu in years. 

My "join" date is "October 4, 2001".
That's 21 years and 2 days ago.
I can finally legally drink here!!! :D  

• Upvote 2