SiouxSports.com Forum

Scary stuff

01grad

Solid post Goon - CNN should hire you for your ability to spin.  EVERYONE - including Gopher fans, is well aware championships aren't made in November - but even a coward like you should at some point in your life give props where props are do.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It always amazes me when a Gopher fan comes to this board and is offended by Sioux fans not giving UM "props" and then calling names like it's elementary school.

Sure the Gophers are playing well - big deal. UND played tremendously well the last two Novembers and it meant nothing so why should we be so impressed by what your team is doing? Remember we beat Michigan two years ago and Parise scored four points and all we heard from your gang is 'cream puff schedule' - 'Michigan is down this year' - 'Parise got lucky' etc, etc. etc.

It is not as if we haven't already beat your team this season; it is not as if we haven't already been #1 - what does any of it mean at this point - nothing really other than some power points, but bragging rights - come on, get over yourself!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always amazes me when a Gopher fan comes to this board and is offended by Sioux fans not giving UM "props" and then calling names like it's elementary school.

Sure the Gophers are playing well - big deal. UND played tremendously well the last two Novembers and it meant nothing so why should we be so impressed by what your team is doing? Remember we beat Michigan two years ago and Parise scored four points and all we heard from your gang is 'cream puff schedule' - 'Michigan is down this year' - 'Parise got lucky' etc, etc. etc.

It is not as if we haven't already beat your team this season; it is not as if we haven't already been #1 - what does any of it mean at this point - nothing really other than some power points, but bragging rights - come on, get over yourself!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto. SS must have gone to the school of "we want respect" JBSU.

You have to admit that the gophers were steam-rolled in the 3rd period twice at Denver, although pulling out a win from strong goaltending like a good team does when they aren't playing their best.  Briggs sure has looked good to me Goon. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Briggs didn't look very good against Denver in Denver a few weeks back.

But like my brother said, you have lots of offense mediocre (sp) goaltending doesn't matter.

Ditto. SS must have gone to the school of "we want respect" JBSU.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could not care less if you want to give respect - I just enjoy taking people to task when they're less than forthcoming. Consider it my duty to help people like Goon take long, hard looks in the mirror. :D

Solid post Goon - CNN should hire you for your ability to spin.  EVERYONE - including Gopher fans, is well aware championships aren't made in November - but even a coward like you should at some point in your life give props where props are do.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slap Shot ( we will call you Slappy from now on) first off I would never work for CNN I have morals and I am a red state republican. IMHO Clinton News Network is not a credible network, simply a tabloid network. I am pretty sure that its on in every UofM college professors office though or their second choice next to NPR/MPR. Second. I get all of my news from Fox News.

Thirdly; Slappy go back POI if you want a UofM love feast. Your getting none from me. UofM gophers are UND rivals and you will never see me congratulate UofM's fans when they (that has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen) nor will I give the team props on or after a win. Nor will I give any props to your stupid team. I could care less the Poultony Brothers play/played at the UofM. I am sick and tired of the GF Fish Wrapper covering that stupid story. This is UND country. I despise UofM and the arrogance that surrounds that program. I remember when UofM couldn't win under the Clowned Prince of the WCHA Doug Woog. All we heard from the prince and their fans was that UND cheats using 25 year old Canadians. But also UofM was really a truly great team with its all Minnesota boys on it. But in addition UND wins were less impressive because of the cheating by using the more seasoned experienced Canadian players. Funny now there are two kids from Canada wearing the M on their shirts and no one is complaining. Add three ND kids and an Austrian. I guess UofM sold its soul for an NCAA tourney title. I wonder if these Canadian kids feel like sell outs to their fellow countrymen. I can

I could not care less if you want to give respect - I just enjoy taking people to task when they're less than forthcoming.  Consider it my duty to help people like Goon take long, hard looks in the mirror.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should be banned from the sight for being a horse rear end on an opposing teams site. Incase you haven't noticed dumb @$$ This is a UND site, that talks about UND hockey. Hence the name Siouxsports.com. If you spewed rethoric like this on the POI you would be removed from the site never to return, without even a second look. So I would urge Jim to consider giving him the hook...

No you didn't take me to task and you will never be capable of taking me to task.

Go away Slappy.

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread is about the Gophers . If you don't like the fact I'm rebutting your posts, don't post.

btw, if these stats:

Name, Yr GP W L T GA MIN GAA SH SV SV%

Kellen Briggs, So 12 10 2 0 23 721 1.91 3 316 .932

and one bad weekend, in which the Gophers played poorly as a team defensively, on the road, against a team averaging 4+ goals per game in the WCHA, proves Briggs is "mediocre", I'll take mediocre any day of the week. :D

I get all of my news from Fox News.

Goon, this statement does nothing to add to your credibility. Getting ALL your news from Fox is like getting all of your hockey info from POI. The best piece of "news" I ever got from Fox was learning how to talk dirty to a women over the phone. Thanks Billy. :D

I wonder if Gopher fans are forthcoming about their arrogance or the calls they get with the WCHA stating that they "hope" the Gophers are in the top 5 for the WCHA playoffs so the WCHA makes more money.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, why hide it? Not only are the refs paid off, but the WCHA has found a way to make saves (instead of Briggs) and to put pucks into opposing nets (instead of Irmen/Potulny/Hirsch...).

Goon, this statement does nothing to add to your credibility. Getting ALL your news from Fox is like getting all of your hockey info from POI. The best piece of "news" I ever got from Fox was learning how to talk dirty to a women over the phone. Thanks Billy. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I missed the one about talking dirty to chicks. :D

Lammy has better stats than Briggs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet his daddy is bigger than Briggs' daddy too. :D For what it's worth, the stats between he and Briggs are pretty comparable:

Name, Yr GP W L T GA MIN GAA SH SV SV%

Philippe Lamoureux, Fr 7 4 2 1 13 423 1.84 0 175 .931

Kellen Briggs, So 12 10 2 0 23 721 1.91 3 316 .932

Ever since beating UND in the Saturday game, the Goofs have gone on a tear. Pretty impressive, given the preseason assessments of too much youth and lost leadership.

IMO, UM is the surprise team of the Fall. IMO, they will be the team that falls on their faces sometime in February/March.

As has been circulated many times in these early season, teeth-gnashing UND threads, the Goofer-paraded anthem of "Its not how you do in November..." is what really matters, and is going to come back to haunt them in March, if there is a God that pays any attention to sports.

Go Sioux!

Ever since beating UND in the Saturday game, the Goofs have gone on a tear.  Pretty impressive, given the preseason assessments of too much youth and lost leadership.

IMO, UM is the surprise team of the Fall.  IMO, they will be the team that falls on their faces sometime in February/March.

As has been circulated many times in these early season, teeth-gnashing UND threads, the Goofer-paraded anthem of "Its not how you do in November..." is what really matters, and is going to come back to haunt them in March, if there is a God that pays any attention to sports.

Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that. Nice to see another team besides the Sioux at #1....Don't think anyone wants that distinction at this point in the season. If memory serves me correctly though I read a stat that UND had spent the most weeks at #1 over the last 4 seasons. Anyone substantiate that?

A simple note to visiting POI members and exhalted siouxsports veteran members. Please leave the fighting and smugness to USHCO. The admins of POI and siouxsports put in plenty of work supporting these sights and deserve better.

As for the original content of the thread. I'm hoping the Gophers can parlay the Virg Foss mid-season excellence award (does that officially get awarded in January or can I claim it now?) into a McNaughton Cup. Then have the team take their shots for the post season prizes.

It is a very nice start, but the '00-'01 Gophers had a stretch where they went 15-2-0 and didn't finish strong.