SiouxSports.com Forum

Scary stuff

01grad

We are now to the point of comparing the change in Gopher recruting strategy to the tearing down of the Berlin wall - only a gopher fan could make such a ridiculous comparison which begs me to wonder which comparision is next?:lol:? :lol:

And yes this thread is gay but I had to responsd to our wonderful SOH.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how in the HE-double hockey sticks is my reply comparing the two? All I stated was the NDH wouldn't say no to having Irmen on his squad....read the post and pause before hitting reply (and get the correct poster/quote). :silly:

WPoS

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ryan Potulny signing with the Flyers

The Flyers are very, very deep at the center position right now, although Roenick's career is most likely over. Primeau and Handzus have some good years left. They have Patrick Sharp in the system; he played in most of the playoff games last year and showed promise. They also signed R.J. Umberger who is having a nice AHL season. Further, they drafted Mike Richards and Jeff Carter---who have had outstanding junior careers and starred in last year's WJT and will most likely star in it again this year.

We need young defensemen and wingers. However, a team cannot ignore the leading goal scorer in college hockey. If Flyers scouts believe he cannot add anything to his game at the college level after this season they most certainly will make him an offer. Remember, though, this is really his first full season so we need to see how he continues to play and the rate at which he develops.

Patrick Reusse is a fine and often-times entertaining columnist.

His radio shows with Joe Soucheray on KSTP are sometimes really good.

I believe that they are now on up in the northern Minnesota areas, as well as elsewhere across the Upper Midwest.

As for Irmen, I could care less about him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found Soucheray to be boring and to have no point. Thank God they put Hannity on for all three of his shows hours, and then Mike Savage on right after him.

I was referring to the post by State of Hockey - excuse me for hitting the wrong reply button.  A normal person would have been able to figure that out :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

forgiven, I try hard not to be inflamitory here and don't like to take collateral damage from a post that really blongs on POI, not SS.com

WPoS

I am not very good at stats but .894 and 2.62 isn't all that great in  my book either since Parise went like .900 with a 2.05 last season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know you're not very good at stats, but is Parise's .900 and 2.60 this year all that great?

Most Minnesota fans are excited because they like to see a player improve from one year to the next. Not regress.

Parise got stronger as the season went along last year.

His stats from early January last season:

GP Minutes Goals Saves Shots Pct. GAA Record

10 521:57 23 158 181 .873 2.64 8-0-1 (overall)

5 284:33 13 95 108 .880 2.74 4-0-1 (conference)

His final stats last year:

22 1229 48 42 417 459 0.908 2.05 14-4-3 (overall)

14 813 30 29 295 324 0.910 2.14 8-3-3 (conference)

His stats so far this season:

9 507:27 22 198 220 .900 2.60 4-4-1 (overall)

7 385:11 15 154 169 .911 2.34 3-3-1 (conference)

I can't wait to see these same fans from Cities when the Gophers hit a snag and finally face some adversity in their season. Briggs has crumbled a few times in the third period as he game up: two goals to the Sioux in their first game, two goals in fridays game in the third period, as well as 7 goals against Denver in the third periods during their series three weeks ago in Denver. Eventually Briggs won't be able to stop a beach ball, the goals will stop going in and there will be pandamonia in Goofer land.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't knock Briggs....He is having a good season - not Hobey type numbers but nonetheless a solid season thus far in the net.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep thats right Briggs doesn't have Hobey type numbers. ;):silly::silly: Honestly, I wouldn't trade any of UND goalies for Briggs not even Brandt. UofM is screwed if Mediocre Briggs goes down and JJ has to play in the net. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gophers go for another highly sought, highly reguarded, better goalie next season. Anyone find it funny that JJ hasn't played very much, because he is not very good and Briggs is all the have...

I always loved the people that said Ah he has won some big games when he had good defense. I could play net for the Gophers if I had the defense they had three years back. Classic...

Lastly I think its funny that Woog think's UND's goaltending isn't very good. I guess you get blind sitting up in the announcers booth all of the time.

Edited by Goon

I can sum up the most important reason for Briggs' success in two words: backchecking forwards.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a lot of truth to this. Also as much as Ballard is missed offensively, he made more mistakes defensively per game than any of the three Gopher freshmen are currently. If those three freshmen keep playing as well as they are Briggs will indeed enjoy a fine season.