Scary stuff

01grad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64.3 percent of the time. I get it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stop comparing apples and oranges. There is a considerable difference between one's freshmen and sophomore seasons at any position in college hockey.

Briggs as a freshmen won 25 of the 40 games he appeared in, which provides a comparable win % to PL's, (comparing 40 games played to 7 notwithstanding). His GAA was 2.62 and save % was .894 and he was the goalie on what was generally regarded as the top team in the country at the beginning of the year yet didn't lead his team to the Frozen Four. As of this point, not really a whole lot to brag about other than some early season success this year, which gets you little or nothing.

Stop comparing apples and oranges. There is a considerable difference between one's freshmen and sophomore seasons at any position in college hockey.

Briggs as a freshmen won 25 of the 40 games he appeared in, which provides a comparable win % to PL's, (comparing 40 games played to 7 notwithstanding). His GAA was 2.62 and save % was .894 and he was the goalie on what was generally regarded as the top team in the country at the beginning of the year yet didn't lead his team to the Frozen Four. As of this point, not really a whole lot to brag about other than some early season success this year, which gets you little or nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm...someone said Lammy had better stats than Briggs and I pointed out that was a false statement. I'm sorry if facts are misconstrued as bragging.

something else to mention is goals scored, UND is average about 2.25 goals again(went up after michigan tech). I will agree that briggs is having a good year, his numbers are showing it. But for the offense phil has been getting in his starts, his numbers are just that much more impressive. If i had to chose a goalie, it would be without question phil.

Also it depends on what numbers, win % is something that a goalie does not have complete control over. If the offense can't put the puck in the net, it doesn't matter if the goalie has a save %of 95%, he still wouldn't win. That being said, both goalies are having a great year, so why are we even discussing this?

something else to mention is goals scored, UND is average about 2.25 goals again(went up after michigan tech). I will agree that briggs is having a good year, his numbers are showing it. But for the offense phil has been getting in his starts, his numbers are just that much more impressive. If i had to chose a goalie, it would be without question phil.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would choose Frazee over both of them.