SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's BB

UND Fan

Koenig has all the tools--size, strength, above average athletic ability for a big kid (as shown by his football ability in high school as a wide receiver), and he can shoot the ball, or at least he could in high school. I don't know why things didn't work out for him at Green Bay. I certainly wouldn't look for him to be any kind of superstar, but he could definitely be a solid contributor if his heart is into it.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting Koenig certainly should fill one of our biggest needs. Now, if we can find a couple talented forwards who can play right away, next year could be much better than I had anticipated.

There is a chance that we could land a power forward who may be able to help right away. It is an interesting scenario that should play out in the next few weeks. I realize that true UND BB fans will be frustrated and curious by that comment when I don't give more info but I truly can't right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Patrick Ewing Jr. was at the Betty today with Randall Herbst. I saw them showing him the campus too, must be looking to move down a division!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Indianapolis Star implies he'll transfer to another DI school:

Ewing Jr. Transfers from IU

But if he was at the Betty, there must be a chance. ;)

UND Fan, was this the player you knew of, but couldn't mention?

Patrick Ewing Jr. was at the Betty today with Randall Herbst. I saw them showing him the campus too, must be looking to move down a division!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

April Fools huh! Ewing Jr. was recruted by kansas, depaul, georgtown, loiusville, miami, texas, tennesee, NORTH DAKOTA YEAH RIGHT

i highly doubt he was at the betty today, but funny joke ;)

April Fools huh! Ewing Jr. was recruted by kansas, depaul, georgtown, loiusville, miami, texas, tennesee, NORTH DAKOTA YEAH RIGHT

i highly doubt he was at the betty today, but funny joke ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And guess who bought it, hook, line, and sinker. ;):0

The Indianapolis Star implies he'll transfer to another DI school:

Ewing Jr. Transfers from IU

But if he was at the Betty, there must be a chance. ;)

UND Fan, was this the player you knew of, but couldn't mention?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will likely be announced in the next few days - not nearly as exciting as Ewing!! It may or may not be a good thing!

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has come out with their annual list of the top 20 seniors in Wisconsin: link. Jesse Blackwell is at 20, and Kori Vernon is at 17. According to the list, St. Cloud St., Concordia-St. Paul and Lewis, in addition to UND, have offered Vernon.

Also, this was Blackwell's all-area bio from the LaCrosse paper:

Jesse Blackwell

Logan, Senior, 6-foot-5, Forward

NUMBERS AND NOTES: Led the Rangers in scoring (18.6 ppg) and rebounding (8.0 rpg) while shooting 48.3 percent from the floor. ... AP All-State honorable mention and unanimous All-MVC first team. ... Scored at least 20 points in a game 10 times with a season-high 31 in a 56-41 win over Onalaska. ... Will play at NCAA Division II North Dakota on a basketball scholarship. ... All-Tribune second team as a junior.

FROM HIS COACH: "Jesse is a very talented young man. I thought he made a growth this year in terms of maturity. He showed in some games ... that he has the ability to dominate a game and then take it over. When he did that, we weren't going to get beat."

• 2 months later...

I forgot to post this when I got home, but thought that it was pretty funny.

I was heading back to ND a couple of weeks ago and had a layover in Minny. I was sitting at Friday's and the guy next to me keeps telling me that the guy across the bar works for ESPN. So finally they just ask the guy and he says no. They keep arguing with him asking if he really does. Finally they realize that he is Wisconsin Green Bay coach Tod Kowalczyk. I'm a few beers and a couple of Morgans in at this point so, not thinking, I ask him about Tyler Koenig. He gets kind of an uncomfortable look on his face and asks why I ask. I tell him I'm from GF and went to UND and hear he is transferring there. He just says, "I'm sure he'll do well there"

I wasn't thinking straight at the time and forgot the entire fiasco that went down there. It wasn't probably until I was over about Alexandria that I remembered and felt like an idiot for asking. Oh well, he's the one that should feel like the idiot I guess.

what amazes me is how a coach can sit their and say that to anyone after what went on.....amazes me.....i hope he doesnt come up to this area and recruit another kid.....truth of the matter is.....word spreads very fast in this part of the country....and when someone is done wrong....it spreads....as long as he as a coach can look at himself and know he did his best then no worries....not sure that applies to this coach....ever since i have had kids.....the true measuring stick of a man and a coach is for me to answer this question....would i want my kid to play for him or her....if yes...then they should be able to look in the mirror with no worries...if no...then....what comes around goes around.....every duck has their day...so dont quack too loud!!!!

what amazes me is how a coach can sit their and say that to anyone after what went on.....amazes me.....i hope he doesnt come up to this area and recruit another kid.....truth of the matter is.....word spreads very fast in this part of the country....and when someone is done wrong....it spreads....as long as he as  a coach can look at himself and know he did his best then no worries....not sure that applies to this coach....ever since i have had kids.....the true measuring stick of a man and a coach is for me to answer this question....would i want my kid to play for him or her....if yes...then they should be able to look in the mirror with no worries...if no...then....what comes around goes around.....every duck has their day...so dont quack too loud!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Legend334, the man who can say so much without saying anything.