SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just one person's opinion, but here is a list of the top-30 players from the class of 2005 in Minnesota. I'm a little surprised that Probst didn't make the list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although Probst may turn out to be a fine player, he definitely is a "project". It may be 2-3 years but he could become a real contributor.

Is it common knowledge that Jared Wells will not be back this upcoming year? There was some confusion about his having another year of eligibility due to both a redshirt year and a season of injuries. Bottom line - he has no elibilgity left and the NCAA has rejected our request for another year. This certainly does not help our depth under the basket!

Although Probst may turn out to be a fine player, he definitely is a "project". It may be 2-3 years but he could become a real contributor.

Is it common knowledge that Jared Wells will not be back this upcoming year? There was some confusion about his having another year of eligibility due to both a redshirt year and a season of injuries. Bottom line - he has no elibilgity left and the NCAA has rejected our request for another year. This certainly does not help our depth under the basket!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hadn't heard about Wells--that's too bad. Regarding Probst, I'm definitely not expecting too much out of him, but my point was that a good case could be made that a 6'5"-6'6" wing player who is apparently a very good 3-point shooter, who averaged over 20 ppg during both his junior and senior years, and who scored more than 1,800 career points should be considered among the top-30 players in Minnesota's class of 2005.

Any news on Bledsoe?

I hadn't heard about Wells--that's too bad. Regarding Probst, I'm definitely not expecting too much out of him, but my point was that a good case could be made that a 6'5"-6'6" wing player who is apparently a very good 3-point shooter, who averaged over 20 ppg during both his junior and senior years, and who scored more than 1,800 career points should be considered among the top-30 players in Minnesota's class of 2005.

Any news on Bledsoe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe they are still working on some eligibility issues.

Does anybody know whether Shawn Swan will be back this season? Have there been any personnel losses other than Wells?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Swan wants to come back despite his scholarship being pulled. He also may have some eligibility issues. In my opinion, the team would be better off without him - but he is saying all the right things, etc. - he may be back!

With Bledsoe now in the fold, that means that UND got the two highest-ranking Minnesota players out of this top 30 list who didn't go division I. Bledsoe is ranked 10th, and Andy Wills 13th. With Blackwell also being pretty highly-regarded, and Probst perhaps being a project but one with a very accomplished high school career, this has the potential to be one of the better groups of high school recruits UND has had in awhile. Probably the best since the Mustard/Reinke/Travis group. Now if only a couple of talented big guys could be found next year...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Three bits of info regarding this year's team:

1) Lamar Phillips, the JC recruit has left school after only one or two days on campus. Who knows, that may be a good thing if he had an attitude problem!

2) Koenig had some minor surgery on his good knee and may not be able to go full tilt at the start of practice. That is a bad thing!

3) Shawn Swan is not back - that is a good thing!!

1)  Lamar Phillips, the JC recruit has left school after only one or two days on campus.  Who knows, that may be a good thing if he had an attitude problem!

2)  Koenig had some minor surgery on his good knee and may not be able to go full tilt at the start of practice.  That is a bad thing!

3)  Shawn Swan is not back - that is a good thing!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was this news to the coaches, or did they know all this was coming?

• 4 weeks later...

2)  Koenig had some minor surgery on his good knee and may not be able to go full tilt at the start of practice.  That is a bad thing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I talked to one of Koenig's family members last weekend, and after getting both knees scoped, he is feeling better than he has in quite a while. I guess WI-GB's practice floor has a concrete base that is hard on the knees. I was also told that he is much happier at UND than at GB and is considering playing football (i.e. Mustard) after he's done with basketball.

• 2 months later...

I saw the men's game tonight and it was the same old bad team. A couple of questions though:

What is up with the buzzer going off at the worst possible times, do we not have anyone that knows how to work the buzzer?

Also did the Sioux ever recruit #21 Hensley (spelling?)? He was amazing with his jumping ability. Another question is what was with all of the in fighting going on in the first half with Doyle and Nobles? I wonder what others thought of our performance, or lack there of, tonight.

Edited by spfreak