SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Football Expectation Level - 2022 Season and Beyond

Midwestern Hawk

North Dakota Football Expectation Level - 2022 Season and Beyond  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is your expectation level for North Dakota Football?

• Top 10 FCS Football Team - Top 3 finish in MVFC, a playoff seed, and host a second round playoff game and beyond
    • Top 25 FCS Football Team - Finish in the top half of the MVFC and make the playoffs EVERY year
    • Top 35 FCS Football Team - Finish in the top 2/3 of the MVFC and occasionally make the playoffs and even host a playoff game now and then
    • Top 50 FCS Football Team - Never finish last in the MVFC and hopefully in a "special year" make the NCAA playoff field
    • I have no expectations for UND Football success

This is difficult because society has changed so much… even in the last few years. ”I want what I want and I want it now.” Seriously, when dealing with people renting costumes I want to ask,”Have you considered Amazon Prime?”

I want to keep our education standards, Midwestern values, and the UND family mentality.

I want experienced coaches funded appropriately by the school’s budget. I am not saying replace anyone but new hires.

if we truly aspire to be in the top 10, I want a top 10 budget.

I want the fundraising for these $10,000 to $25,000 projects to continue. I like Bubba’s working with the foundation to get the equipment upgrades, etc.

I want to know the AD has the gonadal fortitude to support (and correct) coaches AND to be more visible ( did I just say that?).

I want to see the community support that I know is there when I attend a home game. This has to be ramped up 100% IMHO and could start in 2022.

That is enough. Basically, it is all about money like always!

7 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Its clear we need a new coach then who will achieve all of option #1.  And when he doesn't Midwestern can start threads bitching about his expectations for this program.  

You like to pick fights and criticize individual posters rather than discuss a damn thing. Do you actually have any tangible thoughts about UND football being successful?

5-6 is not successful. sitting on the outside of the playoff field looking in is not successful, particularly when programs like Sacred Heart and Davidson are getting in before us. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

I think we have a winner for "Most Useless Thread of the Year".  Depending on how quickly the tread dies, I see a lot of potential for a multiple year winner.

Why is seeing what people think useless? Would you prefer dictating your views rather than observing actual numbers? …

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

You like to pick fights and criticize individual posters rather than discuss a damn thing. Do you actually have any tangible thoughts about UND football being successful?

5-6 is not successful. sitting on the outside of the playoff field looking in is not successful, particularly when programs like Sacred Heart and Davidson are getting in before us. 

I have made myself very clear about where I stand. To ask for a change right now is a complete waste of time.  To bitch and complain everyday about whether or not to call a timeout is how sad its gotten on here.  Bubba will be be here in 2022 for sure and 2023 if he chooses to finish it out.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The comment about SH and Davidson shows how unintelligent you are. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, UND1983 said:

I have made myself very clear about where I stand. To ask for a change right now is a complete waste of time.  To bitch and complain everyday about whether or not to call a timeout is how sad its gotten on here.  Bubba will be be here in 2022 for sure and 2023 if he chooses to finish it out.  

I thought this thread asked about expectations? I don’t recall any mention in the poll of Bubba Schweigert.

But I agree, he’ll be at UND in 2022. Can’t guarantee 2023 but likely he’s here then as well. If anything’s for sure with UND football ,and the lack of $ circulating around the program, change is rare. Fritz Pollard Athletic Center Phase II would be done by now if any $ surplus existed. 

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

... programs like Sacred Heart and Davidson are getting in before us. 

Today's Phrase of the Day is ... "automatic qualifier". Some use it synonymously with "autobid". 

In a sentence ... 

The Northeast League's automatic qualifier was Sacred Heart while Davidson was the autobid from the Pioneer League. 

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The comment about SH and Davidson shows how unintelligent you are. 

Please expand on your thoughts? Since you think you know so damn much, I’ll bite on your ongoing criticisms of individuals even though we all want the best for UND: do you think Southern Illinois and South Dakota should be getting in ahead of UND consistently? How about UNI? Is UND a better program than them? Or maybe we’ll just settle with Davidson and SH, since mentioning them seemed to instantly reveal I’m “unintelligent”…

Again, you just can’t make up how labile you are as a poster on this site, even though, again, we all want what is best for UND football. 

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Some of us are just sick and tired of the excuses.  Football is not rocket science and is the sport where coaching is much more important than any other sport.  This fall was a failure.  The schedule is easier next fall, but after 8 years, I just don't see much changing as far as the results.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I thought this thread asked about expectations? I don’t recall any mention in the poll of Bubba Schweigert.

But I agree, he’ll be at UND in 2022. Can’t guarantee 2023 but likely he’s here then as well. If anything’s for sure with UND football ,and the lack of $ circulating around the program, change is rare. Fritz Pollard Athletic Center Phase II would be done by now if any $ surplus existed. 

My expectations are you will be saying the same damn thing until the season starts.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Today's Phrase of the Day is ... "automatic qualifier". Some use it synonymously with "autobid". 

In a sentence ... 

The Northeast League's automatic qualifier was Sacred Heart while Davidson was the autobid from the Pioneer League. 

Doesn’t change that those are !@#$ programs in a !@#$ conference. My point, not to be taken literal which apparently some on here can’t help themselves, was that UND is underachieving compared to the field of teams. Want to be precise; than look at the MVFC teams; I expect UND to do better than SIU, USD and even UNI on a consistent basis. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Please expand on your thoughts? Since you think you know so damn much, I’ll bite on your ongoing criticisms of individuals even though we all want the best for UND: do you think Southern Illinois and South Dakota should be getting in ahead of UND consistently? How about UNI? Is UND a better program than them? Or maybe we’ll just settle with Davidson and SH, since mentioning them seemed to instantly reveal I’m “unintelligent”…

Again, you just can’t make up how labile you are as a poster on this site, even though, again, we all want what is best for UND football. 

In English next time.

Anyway, since you don't know SH and Davidson got in through auto-bid and will never ever ever in our lifetime get an at-large. 

Explain how USD and SIU are getting in ahead of UND consistently?  The answer is they aren't.  

• Upvote 1

USD has paid Bob Nielson 300K a year for six years and he made the playoffs twice and has a losing record.  UND paid Bubba half that much at the beginning and still pay him significantly less to make the playoffs 3 times and have a winning record.  USD is hardly a hill to die on.  

• Upvote 1