SiouxSports.com Forum

UND visits Miami

Wilbur

On 11/9/2021 at 12:47 PM, siouxforce19 said:

I had thought we would’ve heard yesterday but could be wrong. 

Kleven nor Savoie were suspended by the NCHC, both are available for their respective weekend series! Go Sioux/Hawks! I expect a 1-2 goal win and hopefully a wider win the other night! Boys looked good and played solid Defense arguably first time all season and it paid dividends! Keep it rolling boys!

Given all the transfers and newcomers on the team, I am trying to temper my expectations and curb my enthusiasm for the season, which was buoyed by the great performance last weekend against Denver.  I had been telling myself that if these transfers had Sioux bona fides, they would have been on our team since the beginning of their college careers.

17 hours ago, dden3 said:

Given all the transfers and newcomers on the team, I am trying to temper my expectations and curb my enthusiasm for the season, which was buoyed by the great performance last weekend against Denver.  I had been telling myself that if these transfers had Sioux bona fides, they would have been on our team since the beginning of their college careers.

We recruited Driscoll and Ford, from what I've heard. Maybe Clown and BGSU offered them more of a sure fire scholly opportunity? Ford would have been fun to have been here four years, no doubt.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We recruited Driscoll and Ford, from what I've heard. Maybe Clown and BGSU offered them more of a sure fire scholly opportunity? Ford would have been fun to have been here four years, no doubt.

Driscoll wanted to play a year of juniors before college so he decided to go to SCSU instead but if he had decided differently he would have been on our national championship team. Kind of funny to think about. 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Driscoll wanted to play a year of juniors before college so he decided to go to SCSU instead but if he had decided differently he would have been on our national championship team. Kind of funny to think about. 

That would have been a loaded group.... Cam, Driscoll, Tomek, Hrynkiw ... Matt probably would have never been a part of that group. Wild.

36 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That would have been a loaded group.... Cam, Driscoll, Tomek, Hrynkiw ... Matt probably would have never been a part of that group. Wild.

I think it is actually Tomek that wouldn’t have been here if Driscoll came as a freshman that year. Since Matt was already here for a while at that point. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it is actually Tomek that wouldn’t have been here if Driscoll came as a freshman that year. Since Matt was already here for a while at that point. 

You're totally right. For some reason I thought Hrynkiw was a freshman that year.

1 hour ago, #MACtion said:

What has happened to the NCHC TV Deal?   I feel CBSSN is covering the league less and less along with other regional networks.

Welcome back, #MACtion. How you feeling about your team, this weekend? Haven't had a chance to watch a lot of them so far. Maybe I'll make myself a date tonight :)

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Who's this Tomek you speak of? I don't recall him playing here.

How could you have missed his amazing 32 minutes in green? :huh:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176600

(Or his fantastic 140 minutes in O-muh-hahahah.) 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Get out.  

;)

At somepoint, Coach  B gets Miami Hockey back in the mix.  We know Western Michigan well and no reason we should not be equivalent or better.  We share the same region, recruit the same area, and quite frankly have the better school and facilities.  We were better in the CCHA, and we are similar or better in the #MACtion.  Trends eventually regress to their means.

6 minutes ago, #MACtion said:

At somepoint, Coach  B gets Miami Hockey back in the mix.  We know Western Michigan well and no reason we should not be equivalent or better.  We share the same region, recruit the same area, and quite frankly have the better school and facilities.  We were better in the CCHA, and we are similar or better in the #MACtion.  Trends eventually regress to their means.

Would love to see the Redhawks get back to where they were.  The first game in NCHC history featured UND vs. Miami.  One of those teams was ranked #1 in the nation, and it wasn't UND that day.  

11 minutes ago, #MACtion said:

Well, having been to Western Michigan and Miami’s campuses, I will say you’re right about this. 

Miami vs Western Michigan:

Miami 16 MAC football championships vs WMU 4

Miami 17 NCAA basketball tourney appearances vs WMU 4

Both schools founded the #MACtion in 1947

USNews has Miami (always) rated so much higher than WMU

Miami has a more storied Hockey resume as well.  No reason to worry this recent Miami Hockey period is nothing more than a slump that isn't usual.  Remember the "Why Western?" slogan?  They knew they were the odd-man out.