SiouxSports.com Forum

UND visits Miami

Wilbur

9 hours ago, #MACtion said:

At somepoint, Coach  B gets Miami Hockey back in the mix.  We know Western Michigan well and no reason we should not be equivalent or better.  We share the same region, recruit the same area, and quite frankly have the better school and facilities.  We were better in the CCHA, and we are similar or better in the #MACtion.  Trends eventually regress to their means.

But we typically sweep Western, so, I don't get the correlation ;)

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Would love to see the Redhawks get back to where they were.  The first game in NCHC history featured UND vs. Miami.  One of those teams was ranked #1 in the nation, and it wasn't UND that day.  

If I'm thinking of the same game I believe that was a really good game that went down as a 5-5 tie with Miami coming back from a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd period. If memory serves this was the icebreaker and were the other 2 teams BC and Notre Dame?

8 hours ago, #MACtion said:

Miami has a more storied Hockey resume as well. 

Not trying to be mean and resurrect bad memories, but I wish you guys would have won the Natty back in 2009.  It would have been great for your school, great for the eventual NCHC, and great for college hockey to have another school with championship banner.

23 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Not trying to be mean and resurrect bad memories, but I wish you guys would have won the Natty back in 2009.  It would have been great for your school, great for the eventual NCHC, and great for college hockey to have another school with championship banner.

I have no idea how we lost that game.  We completely blew it at the end.

39 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If I'm thinking of the same game I believe that was a really good game that went down as a 5-5 tie with Miami coming back from a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd period. If memory serves this was the icebreaker and were the other 2 teams BC and Notre Dame?

2009 Subway Holiday Classic. I believe it was us, Bemidji, Miami, and OSU. Only reason I absolutely remember this game is because my roommate (yes, IHTINB, that roommate), had too many 32ozers and was pissed to find out the next morning that we had tied LOL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Official UND sports website shows this weekend's games as being on Midco.  I was thinking that's a typo, so I went to the Midco programming guide the other night and it had "To Be Announced," so maybe??  Anyone with insight? 

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule

No way this is on Midco. That had to be a typo and in fact I don’t see it say midco on that page. I also did a search on the Midco guide and they are replaying the NDSU and SDSU football game on 11/6. 

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Nope, this was the first NCHC conference game in Oxford.  UND won like 6-2, Miami was #1 in the country.

Edit*  4-2 UND

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Hopefully for those of us who didn’t purchase the NCHC.TV package there might be a link to view it. One can hope. 

Just out of curiosity, what's holding you back from getting NCHC.tv? $100 a year to watch nearly every game in the conference is pretty dang cheap, IMO.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just out of curiosity, what's holding you back from getting NCHC.tv? $100 a year to watch nearly every game in the conference is pretty dang cheap, IMO.

I have had it for many years. It didn’t renew for me like it should have. Plus outside of UND the stream and quality are pretty poor. 

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I have had it for many years. It didn’t renew for me like it should have. Plus outside of UND the stream and quality are pretty poor. 

Hey, fair enough. I agree with a couple of them being poor (CC, WMU). Omaha, Clown, Duluth, and Denver are good. Miami's is decent. Not sure I could give it up at this point haha.