SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's Help Bubba 7

UND Fan

We launched our first Let's Help Bubba campaign in August of 2017.  Since then, we have raised nearly $50,000 to assist with the needs of our football team.  The first LHB funded DonJoy knee braces for our offensive linemen.  It is time to do so again.  DonJoy Defiance braces are fitted for each player and are considered the best.  Not only will this help keep our OL healthy, our providing these braces assists with recruiting.  Prospects (and their parents) are pleased that we provide these top-quality braces for our OL players.  

The cost of each brace is $500+ (yes - $1,000+ per OL). Our goal for this campaign will be $9,200.   

I realize many of us on this site are Champions Club members and/or support UND athletics in other ways.  This is simply a method for loyal siouxsports.com football fans to have a direct impact to the team.

Donating is fast and easy! We welcome any amount you can give…$25, $100, $500…whatever you can do will help UND continue building a very successful football program. All donations are tax deductible and are handled by the UND Alumni Association & Foundation, so it is safe and secure.

Let's Help Bubba 7 - UND Alumni

Thank you for your support of UND student-athletes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Even though I still harbor a great deal of hostility toward offensive lineman, guards in particular.  I scratched together some change from under the couch cushions and asked that it go toward a offensive tackle.  Let's get this done folks.  Coach Bubba sorry to hear about your recent loss - thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Amazing - $17K+ (a check for $1,000 is on the way) in less than 24 hours.  Thanks everyone!  I will see what is next on the team's want/need list!

Thanks for setting this up.  Way to go everyone!  Very impressive.

10 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Amazing - $17K+ (a check for $1,000 is on the way) in less than 24 hours.  Thanks everyone!  I will see what is next on the team's want/need list!

The site is now showing $7,200 raised.  UND is looking into it.

21 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

The site is now showing $7,200 raised.  UND is looking into it.

OK, someone who was donating $1,000 inadvertently entered $10,000 so we are at $8,210.  That is still a great number in less than 24 hours.

We should have included a mailing address for those wanting to contribute with a check.  It is:

UND Alumni Association & Foundation
3501 University Ave Stop 8157,  Grand Forks, ND 58202

Write "Let's Help Bubba" somewhere on the envelope and on the check.   

33 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

OK, someone who was donating $1,000 inadvertently entered $10,000 so we are at $8,210.  That is still a great number in less than 24 hours.

We should have included a mailing address for those wanting to contribute with a check.  It is:

Can the Alumni Association post it to their social media pages? 

33 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

OK, someone who was donating $1,000 inadvertently entered $10,000 so we are at $7,210.  That is still a great number in less than 24 hours.

Apparently the no taksies backsies rule was not in effect:D. Threw in my $1.09 to a great cause. Thanks for doing this.

38 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

So you're saying gfhockey changed his mind and dropped a zero off?   :)

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

My keyboarding skills are awful… that is something I would have done! Go UND! Can’t you just feel the positive juju or energy or karma or whatever for this year?