SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Duncan was voted Rookie of the Year in the BCHL.  He was the only recruit to get an award.(Watkins and Kozek)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A buddy of mine who is a BCHL ref on Vancouver Island keeps tabs on the league players who move on to the NCAA and he told me the Sioux should get great results out of all three recruits. He has also praised the abilities of the Dogz recruit Garrison who I see took a top D-man award.

Anybody heard of this kid Thomas Finch from Sweeden? Had 213 goals and 265 assists during 80 game schedule in top junior league (under 17) in Sweeden. Comes from a very athletic family. Story in Hockey News says he is considering coming to UND in fall of '06 as he wants to get a US education. Narrowed his choices to UND and Cornell. This kid would be a huge pick up for the Sioux.

I'd never do that. This kid is the real deal. His brother Sid was a draft choice for the Mets. Sports Illustrated did a cover story on him years back.

:lol:

Ok, everybody come clean. How many Googled "Thomas Finch"?

I'll remove the hook and put you back in the water Siouxhockey78. Sadly, Thomas Finch, like his brother Sid, does not exist. April Fools day always reminds me of the classic Sports Illustrated story that came out on 4/1 about Sid Finch, a pitcher with a 168 fastball that was going to pitch for the Mets. Anybody else remember this classic?

Fans all over New York and the nation were fooled by the story.

Why not just make it Russia vs. Finland? Wouldn't it be nice to watch some of your players on the ice that have names you can pronounce and can say have played in your own back yard growing up? Come on atleast have some home country blood in you, even if you don't have much from your home state lacing up the blades these days. :lol:

While there are no current recruits on this team, there are some possibilities - Section 8 won the Great 8 tourny last weekend. For those that don't know what that is - each section puts together an all-star team and they play an 8 team tourny.

The Moorhead players on the team were - Johnson, Deutz, Loos, Becker, Ammerman and I think Barta.

Johnson, Ammerman and Deutz were also picked for the Chicago Showcase team.

While there are no current recruits on this team, there are some possibilities - Section 8 won the Great 8 tourny last weekend.  For those that don't know what that is - each section puts together an all-star team and they play an 8 team tourny.

The Moorhead players on the team were - Johnson, Deutz, Loos, Becker, Ammerman and I think Barta. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that an All-star team made up of seniors who have either not commited to a college or signed with a Junior team? Check todays Fargo Forum because I am pretty sure that is correct.

While there are no current recruits on this team, there are some possibilities - Section 8 won the Great 8 tourny last weekend.  For those that don't know what that is - each section puts together an all-star team and they play an 8 team tourny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JLoos, can you post where they listed the Showcase team?

Thanks