SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats boys and staff on the Penrose.

burd

Congrats to the team for winning Penrose 2020.  Not long ago, winning the McNaughton was a big deal, and now that is true of the Penrose.  Not this team's end goal, by any means, but a major accomplishment. 

• Upvote 3

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed following this squad this year.

Not to take away from the theme of the thread but after the last couple seasons misfortunes, this years been fantastic, with the only blemish, in my opinion, being some UND fans acting rash after losses going after the players for their play. 

37 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed following this squad this year.

Not to take away from the theme of the thread but after the last couple seasons misfortunes, this years been fantastic, with the only blemish, in my opinion, being some UND fans acting rash after losses going after the players for their play. 

They must be making up for the fact that there is only 5 times all season they've been able to vent.

In a way, regular season conference championships are actually more impressive than conference tournament championships or even national championships because they represent consistency over a long period.  Tournament champions, whether they be conference or national, show that you got hot at the right time.  That being said, the Natty is still the Holy Grail.  Wisconsin hockey has more national championships (6) than conference regular season championships (3 WCHA, 0 Big Ten).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

They must be making up for the fact that there is only 5 times all season they've been able to vent.

I know what you’re saying, but I think it’s more of a concern about having peaked at the wrong time. 

Sioux have won 10 of their last 16. 
5 of last 10 against the bottom half of NCHC (5-3-2). 

14 hours ago, Dustin said:

In a way, regular season conference championships are actually more impressive than conference tournament championships or even national championships because they represent consistency over a long period.  Tournament champions, whether they be conference or national, show that you got hot at the right time.  That being said, the Natty is still the Holy Grail.  Wisconsin hockey has more national championships (6) than conference regular season championships (3 WCHA, 0 Big Ten).

^^^

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

I know what you’re saying, but I think it’s more of a concern about having peaked at the wrong time. 

Sioux have won 10 of their last 16. 
5 of last 10 against the bottom half of NCHC (5-3-2). 

They've also gone 8-2-1 in their last 11 and 3-1 in their last 4 vs top 5 teams in the country.

See how easy it is to manipulate stats to say what you want them to?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

They've also gone 8-2-1 in their last 11 and 3-1 in their last 4 vs top 5 teams in the country.

Yup. If I also picked the 26 games they won this year, I could say they’re 26-0 in those games too  

But you know what I meant. UND hasn’t played as well the second half as they did the first; they’ve won 10 of their last 16 games. 

Go Sioux. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think last Friday's game was a result of a letdown from Senior Night and clinching a share of the Cup. Saturday took on increased importance because they wanted to win the Cup outright (no sharing), and you saw the results. I won't start being concerned unless they look flat this weekend and next.

• Upvote 1