SiouxSports.com Forum

Huskies Game & Negativity

Finn flick

On 9/4/2018 at 4:16 PM, Finn flick said:

Our UND team is going on a 3 hour flight to Wash with nothing to think about except losing the game by a huge margin and rehearsing all the negative comments of some of the fans. Would any of you naysayers want to go on a military mission with little or no backing from home? How sad and disheartening. An Army Ranger was undecided if he should tryout for the Rangers but his Mother encouraged (no I am not a mother of a team member) him. There were 60 guys trying out for 6 positions. He didn’t make it and told the other guys, “The Sgt does not know my mother”. The 6th guy picked had to drop out and so he made #6 after all. We can be that positive force and back our team and give them hope that anything is possible if we only believe. Every pass caught, every tackle and block perfectly executed, every field goal made. Let’s cheer them on and let them know we believe in them and just tell them, “You can do it, we are behind you, go Hawks!” If I lived there I would be at the Airport waving them on.

I don’t know why having the expectation that we will lose is so bad. We mock moo u fans for saying “bring on Bama” when we know how big of a beat down that would be. This game is almost on the Bring on Bama level. We all hope we can keep it close but we all know no matter what the rest of the season is what is important. You would think with the fan’s low expectations the players would feel less pressure and be able to go into the game and just worry about having fun and taking in the moment. Bubba is not setting the expectation to win and more like to compete with their full effort on every play.

• Upvote 1

“ I want to talk about our opponent.....they are bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and on paper they are just better!  And they know it too. I want to tell you something they don’t know ....they don’t know your heart. We do! We’ve seen it ....you’ve shown exactly who you are in here (heart).  When you take that field .......you have to lay that heart on the line men.  From the souls of your feet , with every ounce of blood that you got in your body.....lay it on the line until the final whistle blows !  And if you do that ....you cannot lose.  We may be behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game but if you play like that.....we cannot be defeated.”  

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

“ I want to talk about our opponent.....they are bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and on paper they are just better!  And they know it too. I want to tell you something they don’t know ....they don’t know your heart. We do! We’ve seen it ....you’ve shown exactly who you are in here (heart).  When you take that field .......you have to lay that heart on the line men.  From the souls of your feet , with every ounce of blood that you got in your body.....lay it on the line until the final whistle blows !  And if you do that ....you cannot lose.  We may be behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game but if you play like that.....we cannot be defeat.”  

McConaughey