Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jdub27

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

Recommended Posts

I keep hearing 52% of ticket sales for Football...Can someone put an actual $ amount to this?  Remember, the majority of the tickets that last 4 years of the FB program were not even at face value, so just simply multiplying the ticket price by the number of seats in the Alerus is not a true number.  I would like to know how much ticket sale revenue was generated the last year for instance - real dollars.  Also, I'm not a FB season ticket holder, but do you need to be a champions club member to buy tickets like they do in Hockey?  Remember, asking for a friend...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I keep hearing 52% of ticket sales for Football...Can someone put an actual $ amount to this?  Remember, the majority of the tickets that last 4 years of the FB program were not even at face value, so just simply multiplying the ticket price by the number of seats in the Alerus is not a true number.  I would like to know how much ticket sale revenue was generated the last year for instance - real dollars.  Also, I'm not a FB season ticket holder, but do you need to be a champions club member to buy tickets like they do in Hockey?  Remember, asking for a friend...

 

 

Billion.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I keep hearing 52% of ticket sales for Football...Can someone put an actual $ amount to this?  Remember, the majority of the tickets that last 4 years of the FB program were not even at face value, so just simply multiplying the ticket price by the number of seats in the Alerus is not a true number.  I would like to know how much ticket sale revenue was generated the last year for instance - real dollars.  Also, I'm not a FB season ticket holder, but do you need to be a champions club member to buy tickets like they do in Hockey?  Remember, asking for a friend...

 

Yes on the cc member,  costs more than the tickets.

Tickets 90 per seat last year,  95 this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me...If the REA gives back ~$2.3 million to the AD each year as part of the deal, then who decides how that money is divided up between the sports programs?  Does the REA choose who gets what portion of that pie and if not, how is it their fault if the FB program isn't getting enough support???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I keep hearing 52% of ticket sales for Football...Can someone put an actual $ amount to this?  Remember, the majority of the tickets that last 4 years of the FB program were not even at face value, so just simply multiplying the ticket price by the number of seats in the Alerus is not a true number.  I would like to know how much ticket sale revenue was generated the last year for instance - real dollars.  Also, I'm not a FB season ticket holder, but do you need to be a champions club member to buy tickets like they do in Hockey?  Remember, asking for a friend...

 

lets say its $10-100-1000...whatever.   Why does it need to be sent to the REA?   

I have asked this question for a week now and got nothing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sprig said:

Yes on the cc member,  costs more than the tickets

Wow, if I remember correctly you had to pay $500 to CC for two tickets and then the price of the tickets on top of that?  I would think the FB program would get to keep more of the CC money they generate, but it probably doesn't work that way in the AD...I'm assuming its a big pot and they get apportioned an amount by someone within the AD?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not have to be a Champions Club member to get football season tickets.

Edit - or basketball for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UND1983 said:

lets say its $10-100-1000...whatever.   Why does it need to be sent to the REA?   

I have asked this question for a week now and got nothing.  

I wasn't privy to the contractual discussions in 2001, but my wild guess has something to do with developing a trust fund to support the long term viability of the building and surrounding grounds or to make future investments in other facilities.  

As for the revenue question it's rather pertinent...If the total ticket revenues were only $250k last year and if the football team could have gotten all of it, then it still wouldn't be the boon you expect it to be to pay for the team.  Although $125k isn't something to sneeze at, it still is not the boon the team requires.  Ultimately, how much more money does the FB need every season to be successful?  Should we be comparable to the Bison in your mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I wasn't privy to the contractual discussions in 2001, but my wild guess has something to do with developing a trust fund to support the long term viability of the building and surrounding grounds or to make future investments in other facilities.  

As for the revenue question it's rather pertinent...If the total ticket revenues were only $250k last year and if the football team could have gotten all of it, then it still wouldn't be the boon you expect it to be to pay for the team.  Although $125k isn't something to sneeze at, it still is not the boon the team requires.  Ultimately, how much more money does the FB need every season to be successful?  Should we be comparable to the Bison in your mind?

i think you're confused as to what people are talking about.  If the money from the football revenue was kept by UND it would not go directly to football.  Nobody has said this.  It would simply help out with the overall AD budget.  That is what people are getting at.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lawkota said:

You do not have to be a Champions Club member to get football season tickets.

So does the Football program actually contribute to the CC in other ways and how much is that?  If we can't mandate CC membership for Football, like we do in hockey, how much CC revenue is the hockey program producing for the rest of the sports programs?  Is the CC run by the REA or the University?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me...If the REA gives back ~$2.3 million to the AD each year as part of the deal, then who decides how that money is divided up between the sports programs?  Does the REA choose who gets what portion of that pie and if not, how is it their fault if the FB program isn't getting enough support???

The REA has given back nowhere near $2.3 million each year, that figure is how much UND has paid the REA as part of the revenue share agreement. It also does not include the $247K UND paid in box office fees or the $1.1 million in utilities, maintenance staff, phone service and other expenses. UND received $750K back last year after sending around $3.7 million to the REA.

As to your other question, my guess is that football ticket revenue going to the REA is between $250-300K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

The REA has given back nowhere near $2.3 million each year, that figure is how much UND has paid the REA as part of the revenue share agreement. It also does not include the $247K UND paid in box office fees or the $1.1 million in utilities, maintenance staff, phone service and other expenses. UND received $750K back last year after sending around $3.7 million to the REA.

 

Champions club revenue is separate. I believe the revenue FB missed out on last year due to the revenue split was around $250K.

So ticket revenues for Football were around $520k total based on your number above? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Would that go over well in this climate and who would pay for it?  

If only Mark Kennedy was in contact to someone with access to hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, lawkota said:

You do not have to be a Champions Club member to get football season tickets.

Correct................just 2 box tops from Lucky Charms and a crisp $20 will do the trick.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Who's paying to put MVFC logos on the Alerus turf?

Let you know in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

This was my favorite fan made Fighting Hawk logodee8226cd2aa77af5231f16b11f20b09.png.f882adb65bee77df04a74f449eb1047c.png

Yea, that's gonna be a "no" from me.  The wordmark I don't mind, but the green hawk and I guess that's supposed to be a map of North Dakota underneath with the star for Grand Forks, no thanks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I believe CC membership for football season tickets depends on the section you're trying to get tickets in.  Certain upper level sections and one lower section on the visitors side don't appear to require CC membership.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/und/EN/buy/details/18FBALL

Correct,  the better seats require cc membership at different levels,  not all seats.  And i missed the different ticket prices,  depending on the section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Let you know in 2020.

So are you insinuating we will be playing in the MVC but will still have the Big Sky logos on the turf until that date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oxbow6 said:

So are you insinuating we will be playing in the MVC but will still have the Big Sky logos on the turf until that date?

Do you know we won't?  Who gives a F.  We aren't even in a league, technically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So are you insinuating we will be playing in the MVC but will still have the Big Sky logos on the turf until that date?

We are officially done with the Big Sky. We are FCS Independents with a Big Sky schedule for two years. We can’t win a conference title but can still make the playoffs. If UND or the Alerus wants to they can start changing the Big Sky logo and put a Hawk on the 50. But I will leave that up to Kennedy, the AD, Bubba and the folks at the Alerus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Do you know we won't?  Who gives a F.  We aren't even in a league, technically.

#branding

#atmosphere

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So are you insinuating we will be playing in the MVC but will still have the Big Sky logos on the turf until that date?

Tough to do since UND isn't a member until 2020.

I'm thinking with how easy it is to cut out chunks of turf, they should look at removing the Big Sky logos and selling some more ad space for the next two years. Just make a big jigsaw puzzle out of the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

#branding

#atmosphere

Worry about it in 2020.  I want them to get in the Big Ten by 2025 but am not gonna push for logos on the field until it happens.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...