SiouxSports.com Forum

New Mascot

petey23

Mascot Name  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Now that UND has voted on and approved a new Hawk Mascot, it is time to name the Hawk.

• Tommy
    • Mike
    • F.N.
    • Mx.
    • Chatan
    • Darell

9 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Sorry your nickname got retired over half a decade ago, but continue to cry about the new name, logo, mascot, and everyone who supports it.

If all these "fans" you speak of you would support the athletic department financially instead of just buying a cap or sweatshirt to be "progressive" think what could be accomplished for the teams that actually wear the logo........................................................

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If all these "fans" you speak of you would support the athletic department financially instead of just buying a cap or sweatshirt to be "progressive" think what could be accomplished for the teams that actually wear the logo........................................................

Donations are higher now vs. when UND was called the Sioux.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

And vice versa, if the Fighting Sioux forever people would stop being so butt hurt and quit holding a grudge against a school that had to change the name or face sanctions and support the school whatever they are called instead of crying “I’ve stop donating because they got rid of my Fighting Sioux” think of what could be accomplished for the teams that actually wear the logo.

4 hours ago, sioux rube said:

No. I have enough Sioux apparel for 3 lifetimes 

I’m sure there are fans of Stanford with Indians gear refusing to wear anything with the word Cardinal on it. Wear your Sioux gear forever, no one is stopping you.

52 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Are you trying to connect the dots between the two?

What don't you understand about it?  The fans haven't stopped giving - in fact, the fans are giving more.  You claim they need to give more - I say they are.  

Do you think UND picked up a ton of new "fans" when they switched to Hawks?

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Donations are higher now vs. when UND was called the Sioux.  

Ethically flawed argument from many angles.  Absolutely NO relation of the variables.

But that’s not stopped you before so keep spouting your ignorance.

Now sign out and make sure you get to downvote someone calling out your BS again, with all your screen names.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

28 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ethically flawed argument from many angles.  Absolutely NO relation of the variables.

Now sign out and make sure you get to downvote someone calling out your BS again, with all your screen names.

There must be some group of people giving more. I can't think of any other explanation how donations haven't absolutely tanked from all the self-proclaimed big time donor/keyboard warriors who said they'd never give another dollar to UND if they dropped the Fighting Sioux nickname. And I'm told that group is the super majority by some random measure I saw on the internet (97% of people or something along those lines....?).

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What don't you understand about it?  The fans haven't stopped giving - in fact, the fans are giving more.  You claim they need to give more - I say they are.  

Do you think UND picked up a ton of new "fans" when they switched to Hawks?

You never answered my question.   Totally agree fans are giving more.........including many of us "Sioux only" fans as we have been branded for not drooling over the new nickname, logo and mascot.

To answer your last question.......no.  You are either a fan of the university regardless of the nickname....old or new.

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I was told that Fighting Sioux hillbilly's quit giving once the name was dropped.  You and El Zagel are saying that isn't the truth since Hawks fans are not giving anything other than wearing hats and shirts.  Which is it?

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You never answered my question.   Totally agree fans are giving more.........including many of us "Sioux only" fans as we have been branded for not drooling over the new nickname, logo and mascot.

To answer your last question.......no.  You are either a fan of the university regardless of the nickname....old or new.

I don't think there is anyway to know who is giving what as the "label" of a Hawk or Sioux fan is in the heart of the beholder.  I just know the donations have gone up so both groups must be pulling their weight.  Who is heavier?  The Sioux fans, I would imagine.  Maybe the Half/Halfers?  Is that a group?  I got a headache.  

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I’m sure there are fans of Stanford with Indians gear refusing to wear anything with the word Cardinal on it. Wear your Sioux gear forever, no one is stopping you.

Sure seems to bother you though. And yes I will wear it until my time has passed 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sioux rube said:

About to take a well deserved nap in my Fighting Sioux shorts and tshirt 

How dare you,......  Hillbilly.  

Now burn that racist gear, cloak yourself in Hawks gear and get out there and goosestep along with those two other guys. 

11 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Sure seems to bother you though. And yes I will wear it until my time has passed 

I don’t care if you wear Sioux gear, but why should I get criticized for wearing Hawk gear or accepting the new name, as you can see Petey thinks I should be the new name of the mascot all because I accept the new name?