SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Nominations and Awards

jdub27

What I find interesting is, what many of us thought was a so-so year running the ball(hey, we have high standards) last year, Santiago and Oliveira, were still able to do what they did, which is a big reason for these preseason accolades.  It also means that if the line play takes just another step, things could be scary fun in the rushing attack this season.   Congrats to all, but I know this program is focused on bigger team goals, but sure is nice to have all the players listed within that locker room.   

• Upvote 3

From last month:

Fighting Hawk duo earns preseason All-America nod

A week after the publication pegged North Dakota as the No. 5 team in its preseason poll, contributors from Athlon Sports had a pair of Fighting Hawks land on their FCS Preseason All-America Team Wednesday. Senior safety Cole Reyes held down one of the four defensive back spots, while junior John Santiago was recognized as the kick returner on the 27-man squad.

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Five Fighting Hawks earn Preseason All-Big Sky honors

• Cole Reyes - S and Preseason Defensive Player
  • John Santiago - RB and KR
  • Brady Oliveira - RB
  • Demon Taylor - OG
  • Deion Harris - CB

2 RB's on the pre season all conference team.  Both from UND, neither named Johanneson.  Yeah, I think we will have a pretty good running game this year!!

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

2 RB's on the pre season all conference team.  Both from UND, neither named Johanneson.  Yeah, I think we will have a pretty good running game this year!!

Then there's Austin "Flash" Gordon for quality depth.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shep said:

Flash Gordon seems to be a top notch RB, but when you're #4 on the depth chart and have those skills, I wonder if they will find some other places for him to play.

If he sticks around Gordon and Johannason will be a great tandem for their senior year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, shep said:

Flash Gordon seems to be a top notch RB, but when you're #4 on the depth chart and have those skills, I wonder if they will find some other places for him to play.

Until JJ shows me something, i'd have Gordon at #3.  Either way, he's staying at RB.  IMO

• 2 weeks later...