SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

Still chuckling over blaming jones for a player dribbling into a double team while possession arrow belonging to other team.

You are gonna go tree instead of forest...again?

Wow...........

Tonight was yet another embarrassing loss to an inferior team - at home!!!

I would suggest brief, classy, sincere comments to:

robert.kelley@UND.edu

brian.faison@athletics.und.edu

Inferior? Omaha is one of the best DII transfer teams. Jones can't beat them in the NCC and can't beat them in DI. Pathetic.

Still chuckling over blaming jones for a player dribbling into a double team while possession arrow belonging to other team.

We had two time outs left

Surely jones told the players if you get in trouble call time out

Oh wait, this is jones we speak of

They were coming out of a timeout before that possession. Maybe there should be more planned than just getting across half court and then dribbling into the corner?

Need time to grow.

I understand. Just as Jones allowed for the growth of Huff, Webb, Schuler, Brekke, and Anderson over their four year career? Oh wait, their senior year contained more loses than their freshman year. Those who think the talent coming in next season will turn this team from last to first are delusional. Next year should be better with Jones, but it almost certainly will be another losing season. No high school development - bunch of transfers everywhere.

• Upvote 1

They were coming out of a timeout before that possession. Maybe there should be more planned than just getting across half court and then dribbling into the corner?

What makes you so certain he told Q to dribble into the corner? I know every time we travel, I swear under my breath that jones doesn't tell his players to not travel.

I just don't even know why we have to post in this. As I said before, if you have any sort of basketball knowledge you would know that our record would be better with a different coach. We just keep repeating the same thing over and over. 3 years of above .500 basketball is not acceptable and should not be at this university.

If it was not for Jones this team would be lucky to win a game. He deserves a big raise and extension. If you have any sort of basketball knowledge you would know that.

I'll let this one go. Posting in the wee hours of the morning Jones must have had you vacuuming, doing dishes and laundry after last night's game.

Extend hoopter's basement lease!

Great Job By Jones.....“It’s upsetting,” said UND sophomore guard Quinton Hooker, who finished with a game-high 23 points. “You come here and work hard. Then coaches give us an amazing game plan to follow. They give us every tool they possess for us to be successful. We go out there and work hard.

“And the shot just doesn’t go in. I thought it was going in. But it’s almost funny because it’s how this whole season has been.” Even Hooker says Jones is an Amazing Coach.... Now the trolls and haters will  turn on Hooker and say he is a lousy human being and player!

Let's make this clear..."it's how this whole season has been" isn't a fluke, poor stroke of bad luck or a game to game anomaly. A few of you can make excuses but when the same thing happens game in and game out you are who you are as coaches and players.

It's really sad the mindset jonea has passed down to the players. Why does anyone on the team have the mentality that getting a shot in the final seconds for a win or tie against omaha is even acceptable? How can any individual on the team claim they are given all the tools needed from their coaching staff, yet they continue to lose to mediocre teams? Are these guys brainwashed by jones or are they just mediocre players themselves?

It's really sad the mindset jonea has passed down to the players. Why does anyone on the team have the mentality that getting a shot in the final seconds for a win or tie against omaha is even acceptable? How can any individual on the team claim they are given all the tools needed from their coaching staff, yet they continue to lose to mediocre teams? Are these guys brainwashed by jones or are they just mediocre players themselves?

I can't blame the players for defending Jones. I'm not saying he deserves it, but a kid is either going to go out of his way to defend the coach in the face of adversity, or say nothing at all. I take comments like this with a grain of salt.

Great Job By Jones.....“It’s upsetting,” said UND sophomore guard Quinton Hooker, who finished with a game-high 23 points. “You come here and work hard. Then coaches give us an amazing game plan to follow. They give us every tool they possess for us to be successful. We go out there and work hard.

“And the shot just doesn’t go in. I thought it was going in. But it’s almost funny because it’s how this whole season has been.” Even Hooker says Jones is an Amazing Coach.... Now the trolls and haters will  turn on Hooker and say he is a lousy human being and player!

Honest question - what did you expect him to say?  He is a classy kid - he isn't going to throw anyone under the bus! 

By the way, he said "coaches" - he didn't say "Jones"!

I do feel for Q along with all the other players.  It has to be very frustrating for them - most do work very hard and they truly do care!  They deserve better!

If it was not for Jones this team would be lucky to win a game. He deserves a big raise and extension. If you have any sort of basketball knowledge you would know that.

Please ignore trolling such as this. It is just a bit...not real.

• Upvote 1