SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney - Toronto/Montreal

AZSIOUX

Russia is such a weird team.....amazing how they look completely disinterested in this game yet lead 1-0.  If they played this way against the U.S. or Canada they get beat 10-0, but are doing just enough to get by in this one. 

Shots are 24-10 Russia.  

Russia will sleepwalk against Denmark, but find a way to win.  And then give the U.S. all they can handle in what will probably be their best performance of the tournament.  Because that's what Russia does.....

Hopefully Switzerland has 100 percent attention of the U.S.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Russia will sleepwalk against Denmark, but find a way to win.  And then give the U.S. all they can handle in what will probably be their best performance of the tournament.  Because that's what Russia does.....

You think it has anything to do with their doping schedules?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

News out of Canada's camp is that they've got Jost up on the top line with Strome and Speers or something like that.  

I was shocked that he was on the third line and that he only has (1g-1a--2pts). He lit it up last April. 

I think he's set to score some goals and points in the next couple of games. 

13 hours ago, Goon said:

I was shocked that he was on the third line and that he only has (1g-1a--2pts). He lit it up last April. 

I think he's set to score some goals and points in the next couple of games. 

I bet he gets at least two points tonight playing with Strome.  Czechs don't matchup well at all against Canada. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

One big thing that this tournament has taught me is how great of a coach Bob Motzko is. He has always been able to put together top tier teams with mid-level recruits, and this tournament is showing what he can do with top tier talent.

Let's just hope this USA doesn't follow SCSU's formula once they hit single elimination tournaments.

• Upvote 1