SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hennesy had some harsh words for boeser after the game...

If it was the same game I watched I'm not surprised. He tried to do much offensively and wasn't good defensively........if he decided to skate that far back to help. He looked very frustrated for most of the last 2 periods.

He'll be much better tomorrow.

Coach's comments:

Execution:  Sloppy

Slow...no pace.

2nd was better, and first two shifts of third. 

PP was not as effective as it needed to be.

Tough game to watch. 

Too many turnovers.  Need to be sharper tomorrow.

Had good battle in the second, late, and in the early third.  Need to adjust, learn from tonight.  Toninato line was better than Jost/Boeser line.

Need to be a North bound team tomorrow night.  Get in their end of the rink and stay there.

• Upvote 3

I'm going to take the glass half full approach for the game as there were some positives that I saw. I was impressed with the freshman d-man, especially C. Poolman and Johnson. UMD is a solid team full of upperclassman and I thought UND played them tough 5 on 5. The difference was special teams, UND's power play is just atrocious. It seems like it's the same thing every year, they just are never very good. Regardless with the talent on the team. 

Let's see what happens tomorrow, a split is what I expected coming into the weekend, need the W tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Boeser and Jost need somebody on their line who is willing to go into the corners. I would love to see Pogo with those two tomorrow night

100% agree. As much as I'd hate to see him come off of Rhett's line, Gersh can't fight off anyone with his size. Cag could do it and that opened lanes for Boeser and Nick.

• Upvote 1