SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Canisius - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Just now, 06 Sioux said:

I wish we could get home games back on fox college sport.  NCHC.tv is an absolute joke

I'm watching it on AppleTV and haven't had any issues today except the audio static at the beginning but that went away and it's been great every since.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I'm watching it on AppleTV and haven't had any issues today except the audio static at the beginning but that went away and it's been great every since.

I am watching it there as well.  The audio static was present for about half the first period and I had to restart the game when it froze before puck drop....but that has been it.  It was almost like it had to warm up with the static.

I've never played hockey so I don't know how he compares to other coaches, but he really seems like he would be a great coach to play for.  I can see why the guys play so hard for him.  Even when he was telling guys what they did wrong, or could do different, he started out with "that was a good job, but..."

Really enjoyed that segment.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I've never played hockey so I don't know how he compares to other coaches, but he really seems like he would be a great coach to play for.  I can see why the guys play so hard for him.  Even when he was telling guys what they did wrong, or could do different, he started out with "that was a good job, but..."

I like how he explained not just what was wrong, but why it was wrong and how to "correct" it.

3 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I've had 3 soft freezeups in the first period and 1 where I did have to restart the feed with apple tv. Also has been going back and forth between sd and hd. Still way better than the first game but still very much amateur hour at nchc.tv. 

8 minutes ago, bcblues said:

NCHC started out fine, at least in my experience.  But soon (after season 1) they went down hill and now, honestly it sounds like they have fallen off the digital cliff.

Wonder if they are buying less "bandwidth" to save costs?

Youtube here streams in hd on WiFi no problem...this nchc.tv right now not so much.

14 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

What I like most is that Berry is passionate.  I remember when I was in college, I was passionate about everything, and I am sure that the current players can relate to that.  Hak, IMHO, was and is a good coach, but he really lacked the passion, at least on the exterior.  I am really glad that he is doing well with the Fliers, and I think that his professional demeanor probably fits better with the NHL level players.  Berry hit the ground running as head coach and has not looked back.  Good for him!  I see a few more banners hung in the Ralph under his leadership.

• Upvote 2