SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

39 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Always amazes me to see the crowd at the B10 tourney. So pathetic. 

Speaking of pathetic, thanks for the help today MSU and UM. 

Blame Mafia, he had them both in Chicago three weeks from now. :lol:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Another B1G crowd at the little 6 tourney!

IMG_1674.JPG

Obviously JLA will be shipping those arena ushers to Minneapolis just in time for the opening face-off today.  Looks like they did a great job of making sure no one "upgraded" their seats yesterday.

1 hour ago, MNBen said:

Maybe they sell a ticket package for the weekend that is cheaper than individual games, so it was 3,387 tickets sold for Thursday and 99% no-shows!

Nevermind, it was even worse than I thought.   Saw this on the USCHO.com forums:

At the MHSAA hockey finals last weekend in Plymouth, the Detroit Sports Commission was in the USA Hockey Arena offering free tickets to the Big Ten tournament. All you had to do was walk up to the table and say you wanted 4, and they handed them right to you no questions asked. In the two games I attended we stood right next to the table, and I can't remember more than 10 people who even approached the display, let alone took the ticket offer. There was a rubber-banded stack of at least 1000 tickets just sitting there next to the poor forlorn attendant, who must have thought he was a leper the way people were avoiding him.

8 minutes ago, Big Green said:

As much as I HATE the pig ten.  Low attendance is bad for the health of the game.

Dave K will have banker's boxes full of tickets he will dump on his bed at night and sleep in them.   Midas and his gold.   

• Upvote 2