SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (10-6) @ Montana (13-3) (3/3 8 PM)

SWSiouxMN

13 minutes ago, homer said:

It's a fair question.  My answer would be that attendance won't fluctuate as much as it did for football.  If we are suddenly a .750 basketball team how many more butts are in the seats?  

I do think Faison understands the there is money to be made and to me has proven he gets "it" based on his past performance.  I don't know how taking $1 million out of the budget for next year affects any of this.  

For the record, unless we beat Idaho St and play a competitive semi final, I think Jones needs to go or at least no extension be given.  Way to much talent on this team to be .500. 

verbal commits rates UND  basketball talent tied for last in BSC...They go by paid professional recruiting services...not peanut gallery observations

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

verbal commits rates UND  basketball talent tied for last in BSC...They go by paid professional recruiting services...not peanut gallery observations

So Jones can't recruit, to go along with all his other deficiencies?  Nothing says extension like that glowing endorsement.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Right.  Aren't you getting ready for tip off?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

So Jones can't recruit, to go along with all his other deficiencies?  Nothing says extension like that glowing endorsement.

you are right jones taking last place talent and finishing 4th in league RPI  ...you are right he deserves an extension...thanks for backing me up

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Again its not my job to write the checkbook on the buyout, I never selected him as a coach, I never talked contract details with him, and why.....it not my job!! If BF is happy with this sub .500 coach then more power to him, obviously the empty seats and the pissed off fanbase was enough to can Muss. 

37 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

No, the whole "pay for it yourself" garbage. Whatever happens with Jones, it is Faison's job, not mine and not yours. Some people on this forum wanted Mussman to finish out his contract. If we found the cash to buy him out, why couldn't we find the cash to buy Jones out? Simple question.

A lot of entitlement being spouted off. Everything's Faison's job and apparently fans have zero responsibility except complaining until they get everything they think they deserve. Finish fundraising for Phase I of the HPC. Start fundraising on Phase II of the HPC. Come up with buyout money for coaches. Last I checked, there is no money tree outside of the Hyslop, so if the money doesn't come from fans, I'm not sure where it is going to come from. It isn't going to come from the state, the athletics department just took on $1 million in extra expenses to help the University cover a portion of the budget cuts required and it isn't going to be any better next year not to mention raising funds for FCOA. I get the point that is trying to be made, yes it is Faison's job to deal with it but having the attitude that "It's not my problem, it's his" is a pretty embarrassing way to look at the situation. Just because something isn't public doesn't mean he isn't dealing with it, and part of dealing with it requires working within the budget constraints.

Private donations were secured to help cover any shortfalls for buying out Mussman, it ended up only being under $50K but that's only because he got another job. Are there basketball boosters who are going to step up and do the same if necessary?

Who said Faison was happy or satisfied? Who said I or anyone who actually brings up real life budget concerns are thrilled with results? You're so dead set that anyone who doesn't have a pitchfork in hand has to be defending Jones instead of actually trying to explain why something may or may not happen. The fact that there has been no extensions is pretty telling. There's a total of one poster who is actively defending Jones. That's it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There's a total of one poster who is actively defending Jones. That's it....and there is a total of one poster that knows how things work and a total of one poster who has been right over the years about jones not getting canned..guess who that one poster is...jdub just use your brain and take a guess

• Downvote 7

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

you are right jones taking last place talent and finishing 4th in league RPI  ...you are right he deserves an extension...thanks for backing me up

So Jones coaches for the worst basketball school, gets paid the lowest of all DI coaches, and has the worst talent in the Big Sky Conference....

Anything else we should know about? Goodness, the guy might be the next thing to Coach K with all the fictional odds you keep stacking against him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

Uh..., and who recruited the "UND basketball talent tied for last in BSC"?  

• Upvote 3