SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU

SWSiouxMN

49 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I guess it fair to say it hasn't been a great week for the Bison Men's and Women's basketball coaches in the PR department.  Apparently winning is very important to Richmond.  It seems to be a trait of all the Bison coaches.  Winning before discipline or following through on punishment.     The timing of the lifting of the suspension seems to be very coincidental to the other injury.  Can't make this stuff up. 

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Vince Lombardi

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

I guess it fair to say it hasn't been a great week for the Bison Men's and Women's basketball coaches in the PR department.  Apparently winning is very important to Richmond.  It seems to be a trait of all the Bison coaches.  Winning before discipline or following through on punishment.     The timing of the lifting of the suspension seems to be very coincidental to the other injury.  Can't make this stuff up. 

Dupree wasnt suited up last night. Richmond said today that they will suit Dupree up but dont know if he will play on Sat as there are more lessons to be learned.  So we will see what transpires.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

NDSU related...I see they suspended Dupree for all of a week and a half.  Boy that really taught him a lesson. 

Kid publically quits team, complaining about his role and it looked bad.  Then, when another guard gets hurt Richman puts him right back in uniform.  Those stipulations he met must have been really tough.  :silly:

Not to go into too much backstory here, but I am pretty sure the Bison staff has done a good job of looking after this kid and doing what is best for him and in the end will do what is best for their program and Mr. Dupree. I don't think we need to create issues where there are none......NDSU does a fine job of creating legitimate issues on their own.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Dupree wasnt suited up last night. Richmond said today that they will suit Dupree up but dont know if he will play on Sat as there are more lessons to be learned.  So we will see what transpires.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Not to go into too much backstory here, but I am pretty sure the Bison staff has done a good job of looking after this kid and doing what is best for him and in the end will do what is best for their program and Mr. Dupree. I don't think we need to create issues where there are none......NDSU does a fine job of creating legitimate issues on their own.

Understandable.  I am sure Richmond will see how the game is going tomorrow to decide  whether he puts him in.   I am sure it will mid game decision to determine whether lessons have been learned.

3 hours ago, petey23 said:
2 hours ago, Dagger said:

Understandable.  I am sure Richmond will see how the game is going tomorrow to decide  whether he puts him in.   I am sure it will mid game decision to determine whether lessons have been learned.

Yeah not much of a story.  Especially when you look at Ohio state players who bad mouthed their coaches and said they wouldnt be playing any more blah blah and then started the next game.

From the tone of his voice and in the context of what he was talking about at the time my bet is he doesnt play.

1 hour ago, Dagger said:
1 hour ago, Dagger said:

I tend to think he won't play him now either,  because by game time tomorrow night he will have gotten enough feedback from people that it would look really weak to start playing him at this particular moment.  It would look bad. 

I tend to think he won't play him now either,  because by game time tomorrow night he will have gotten enough feedback from people that it would look really weak to start playing him at this particular moment.  It would look bad. 

:huh:

Feedback from who? He runs the team and as I said from what he said at TM my bet is he wont play. So I guess youve changed your mind about this comment----

"I guess it fair to say it hasn't been a great week for the Bison Men's and Women's basketball coaches in the PR department.  Apparently winning is very important to Richmond.  It seems to be a trait of all the Bison coaches.  Winning before discipline or following through on punishment.     The timing of the lifting of the suspension seems to be very coincidental to the other injury.  Can't make this stuff up. "

•  

15 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

That is some hilarious stuff. LOL I had never seen that before. Did you watch all of them?

The first half od NDSU's basketball game went well and Dupree didn't play.    The second half started and NDSU's lead was slipping away.    Richmond decided that now Dupree had learned his lesson and put him in the game  .  Like I said winning is everything in Fargo.    The actual timing  of the lifting of the suspension is interesting.    Once again not a good week for Bison basketball coaches and Presidents in the PR department.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't understand why so many people on this board care what happens to Dupree.  He quit the team then wanted to come back after he realized he made a bad decision. 

Did something else happen, like breaking the law,  or a school violation?? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dagger said:

The first half od NDSU's basketball game went well and Dupree didn't play.    The second half started and NDSU's lead was slipping away.    Richmond decided that now Dupree had learned his lesson and put him in the game  .  Like I said winning is everything in Fargo.    The actual timing  of the lifting of the suspension is interesting.    Once again not a good week for Bison basketball coaches and Presidents in the PR department.

When was Dupree suspended? They said there were certain conditions that had to be met before he would be allowed to play. Actually the lead started to slip with Dupree in the line up. Plus they beat the #1 team in the conference by what 20 points? Dont see how hes having a bad week at all.

I was surprised that he played. But after talking to some people close to the program he had served his penance well and they expected him to get his feet wet this evening.

13 hours ago, 2TRU4U said:

I don't understand why so many people on this board care what happens to Dupree.  He quit the team then wanted to come back after he realized he made a bad decision. 

For your satisfaction, I do not care. 

14 hours ago, 2TRU4U said:

It's comical and I like that

• Upvote 2