SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye Week

SWSiouxMN

Well, UNC beats #10 Portland State 35 - 32.

Two 5-4 teams will face off next weekend in the Alerus Center. 

Northern Colorado and North Dakota are the only two teams to have defeated Portland State this season.

Northern Colorado will come into the Alerus with plenty of confidence. Considering how big the game is for UND, people need to come out and support UND football!

Based on our previous kick-over coverage I hope they either spend extra time on coverage or practice the pouch kick. Also while it's great we can actually think about it I'm not ready to discuss playoff hosting - cart meet horse. It's just troll bait for the future. 

• Upvote 1

Based on our previous kick-over coverage I hope they either spend extra time on coverage or practice the pouch kick. Also while it's great we can actually think about it I'm not ready to discuss playoff hosting - cart meet horse. It's just troll bait for the future. 

id pooch.

always the off chance of a recovery if the bounce is right. 

With a 42-28 record, Dale Lennon has the best winning percentage (.600) after six years as head coach in school history.

Lennon is the fourth-winningest coach in SIU history with 48 career wins in seven years as the head coach.

He might have only one year left on his contract. Or does it expire this year?

They seem to be giving him shorter leashes.  

Edited by Cratter

He might have only one year left on his contract. Or does it expire this year?

They seem to be giving him sorter leashes.  

I think he has one more year. Kind of hard to believe that he's only managed to hover around .500 after doing really well in his first two  years.

kinda like bubba in duluth...did his successor win with his guys or bubba's guys?? lennon did well the first two years (his guys or the previous guy guys) but since then he's a couple games under 500 i think...getting paid too much money to an average mid-con school?

I think he has one more year. Kind of hard to believe that he's only managed to hover around .500 after doing really well in his first two  years.

Missing the playoffs five straight years (maybe 6 now) doesn't go over good with anyone.

I swear (from my observations. No proof) coaches (sometimes) do the best within the first few years then get comfy or something. 

Dave Hakstol's team went the furthest in his first year. 

Dale Lennons best year was in his third year at UND.

kinda like bubba in duluth...did his successor win with his guys or bubba's guys?? lennon did well the first two years (his guys or the previous guy guys) but since then he's a couple games under 500 i think...getting paid too much money to an average mid-con school?

Bob Nielson, who just took a absolute beating vs NDSU today.

Wow. Idaho State chokes and Montana wins in OT 33-27.

Idaho State lined up for an OT field goal attempt to win the game but they completely falter under pressure and snap the ball too high, Griz pick it up and then return it for the game winning touchdown!

Both Portland State and Idaho State lost heart-breakers today, and they were the two teams who, with wins, would've helped out UND. Also, SUU beat Montana State in Bozeman.

NAU is also beating Eastern Washington....

Lot of teams starting to pile up records similar to UND, which is not good for UND's playoff chances. 

Griz snatch victory from jaws of defeat after ISU recovers Griz fumble at goal line in OT. ISU lines up for FG to win it and snap goes through holders hands and Griz return muff for a TD and 33-27 win in Pokey. Lucky B@$tard$!

Edited by Teeder11

Unbelievable finish in the UM vs ISU game. Overtime with ISU on the 15 yard line set to kick the winning FG. Holder does not handle snap from center. UM pick the ball up and goes all the way down field for winning TD