SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Nickname Primary

SWSiouxMN

New Nickname   

75 members have voted

1. 1. Excluding no nickname, pick the name that you feel should become the new monkier for UND

• Blaze
    • Cavalry
    • Explorers
    • Fighting Green
    • Fighting Hawks
    • Force
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Stars
    • Pride
    • Roughriders
    • Spirit
    • Sundogs
    • Thunderhawks
  2. 2. Including no nickname, pick the name that you feel should become the new moniker for UND

• Blaze
    • Cavalry
    • Explorers
    • Fighting Green
    • Fighting Hawks
    • Force
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Dakota
    • North Stars
    • Pride
    • Roughriders
    • Spirit
    • Sundogs
    • Thunderhawks

A couple of posters on this board got me thinking that while we do see some trends on nicknames, the issue is that we have multiple options.  So a person could pick more than one name. Not this one, since we are going to enter presidential primary season soon, might as well treat it like one.

Notice that there are two questions to this poll, I left North Dakota off one to see if that option was not available, where people would put their support. It will also help to see how much the numbers really do change if no name is left off the board.

No votes will be made public and is up to the discretion of the poster to make theirs public.  For those who have multiple favorites, its time to rally behind one. 

If any errors show up, let me know and I will correct.

If UND chooses Roughriders I hope students don't steal Texas Tech's "Guns Up" like NDSU stole Texas's "Hook em Horns".

I didn't realize UND came up with the Sioux indian head logo ( Chicago Blackhawks logo), The interlocking ND logo ( Notre Dame's logo), or the Chelsea Daggar song.( Chicago Blackhawks goal song). Looks like UND has done their fair share of stealing also.

• Downvote 2

I didn't realize UND came up with the Sioux indian head logo ( Chicago Blackhawks logo), The interlocking ND logo ( Notre Dame's logo), or the Chelsea Daggar song.( Chicago Blackhawks goal song). Looks like UND has done their fair share of stealing also.

Word is UND had the interlocking ND before Notre Dame......

• Upvote 2