SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's World Cup

WiSioux

Anyone else watching? USA tied with Australia at halftime in their first game. I am slightly entertained that they are playing in Winnipeg because when I think of Canada I definitely don't think of soccer.

Watched some of Monday's game, and will watch bits and pieces all week.  I find that the women take more chances and try to force more scoring opportunities than the men's teams, so they're far more fun to watch.  Maybe it's just me, but the men seem to spend 5 minutes trying to set up the perfect play, while the women see a small opening and crash the net much more often.

Watched some of Monday's game, and will watch bits and pieces all week.  I find that the women take more chances and try to force more scoring opportunities than the men's teams, so they're far more fun to watch.  Maybe it's just me, but the men seem to spend 5 minutes trying to set up the perfect play, while the women see a small opening and crash the net much more often.

This...^^^.

Plus the fact that when a lady goes down due to a trip or push she doesn't go down like she was hit with a sledgehammer or shot with a gun like the men.  Plus the ladies get up and don't roll around in "pain" like they are caught in a bear trap!

Plus the fact that when a lady goes down due to a trip or push she doesn't go down like she was hit with a sledgehammer or shot with a gun like the men. Plus the ladies get up and don't roll around in "pain" like they are caught in a bear trap!

Hey now! Don't compare women's soccer to the NBA!

Australia shocks the soccer world and knocks Brazil out of the World Cup 1-0. First time Australia has won a knockout round game in the World Cup.

Well at least Brazil still holds the title of Biggest Bitchers, they cried about absolutely every call. 

Well at least Brazil still holds the title of Biggest Bitchers, they cried about absolutely every call.

That title belongs to Abby Wambach. Claimed US would be scoring more on grass... Even though they prepped on turf and half of the pro women teams.. Play on turf.

That title belongs to Abby Wambach. Claimed US would be scoring more on grass... Even though they prepped on turf and half of the pro women teams.. Play on turf.

Incorrect. The US does not bitch, they have Solo beat them up, get your facts straight.