SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

No, I'm not gonna take it anymore!  Bald guys are people too!  Why can't we pick on short people?

Oh, yea, 'cuz then Oxbow would b*tch.   :D

Hey, I am short and bald, so leave us alone.  Go pick on the oger. :p

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

No, I'm not gonna take it anymore!  Bald guys are people too!  Why can't we pick on short people?

Oh, yea, 'cuz then Oxbow would b*tch.   :D

We all know what BLM stands for. Bald Lives Matter. 

14 hours ago, GFG said:

They really need more teams. It's so hard to have a 'deep conference' with 6 teams. Every team in the conference is in the top 43 in the PWR, so they're not as bad on the back end as some of the other conferences bad teams but they don't have any other teams to be bottom/middle level for the conference. It makes it difficult. Minnesota was a couple of early season collapses in non-conference games from basically being locked into the NCAA's. They've lost, I believe, 4 games where the opponent ties it up with an extra attacker. Mankato even scored 2 empty net goals in one game to tie and then won in OT.

Stuff like that happens when you have 9 freshman and no seniors playing. As a fan it sucks, but it really shouldn't be unexpected to have mistakes that can cost you games when the team is so young. Minnesota made a lot of them early in the season and unfortunately for them all of their non-conference games are at the beginning of the season. 

Even when we're young and crappy we win the B1G...smh. 

Maybe they can add UAH for quality depth. Although I'm not sure Big Bad Barry would allow a non B1G school as champion.

8 hours ago, GFG said:

In fairness, the NCHC can't say all of their teams are above 43 :D

True, true.  But with regards to the BTHC, it's a take on the old Ole and Sven joke:

"Commissioner, after another one-team-only in the NCAA tournament is promptly smacked out of the field of 16 after only one game, would you STILL say that the B10 is in the top half of hockey conferences in the country?"

"Well, no, but we're in the half that makes the top half possible!"

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

True, true.  But with regards to the BTHC, it's a take on the old Ole and Sven joke:

"Commissioner, after another one-team-only in the NCAA tournament is promptly smacked out of the field of 16 after only one game, would you STILL say that the B10 is in the top half of hockey conferences in the country?"

"Well, no, but we're in the half that makes the top half possible!"

Ole and Sven jokes...my mom used to be a huge fan of those :lol:

Rick Pizzo had a few interesting tweets with people yesterday...

By the looks of it the B1G is 100% adding affiliate members and he said "very soon". I'm going to go out a limb and say ASU is announced to the B1G whenever they're ready to announce it since they're supposed to make their announcement soon. From there I'd look at UCONN, like I said before.

46 minutes ago, GFG said:

Rick Pizzo had a few interesting tweets with people yesterday...

By the looks of it the B1G is 100% adding affiliate members and he said "very soon". I'm going to go out a limb and say ASU is announced to the B1G whenever they're ready to announce it since they're supposed to make their announcement soon. From there I'd look at UCONN, like I said before.

UConn?  No way they're leaving Hockey East. 

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

UConn?  No way they're leaving Hockey East. 

I hope you're right because that's the only way they would probably consider opening up talk about a school like UND, but I don't think UCONN will turn them down. They're about to join the Big XII and want to be associated with big name schools. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GFG said:

I'm going to go out a limb and say ASU is announced to the B1G whenever they're ready to announce it since they're supposed to make their announcement soon.

Just about spit my Pepsi all over my iPhone after reading this fabulous sentence.  :lol:

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, GFG said:

NOT YET

I'll let you know when you can announce that I'm ready to announce my announcement

Sounds good.  

Let ne know when you are ready to announce your announcement...so I can be the announcer and announce the announcement!

Just now, siouxfaninseattle said:

Well they are not happy being in Hockey East, so it could happen. Not real likely but possible.

My thought too...they don't like it there and would be a great fit for B1G hockey, but Notre Dame and the B1G have a pretty hostile relationship with each other. The B1G has also told them multiple times that they wouldn't allow Notre Dame in for any sports without them bringing football as well. 

Add that in with their NBC contract and I'd say it would be tough to pull off. I suppose it could happen, I just find it a lot less likely than a school like UCONN.

2 minutes ago, GFG said:

My thought too...they don't like it there and would be a great fit for B1G hockey, but Notre Dame and the B1G have a pretty hostile relationship with each other. The B1G has also told them multiple times that they wouldn't allow Notre Dame in for any sports without them bringing football as well. 

Add that in with their NBC contract and I'd say it would be tough to pull off. I suppose it could happen, I just find it a lot less likely than a school like UCONN.

I think ND's biggest complaint about playing in HE is the travel, and it would be reduced substantially in B1G, but the TV contract is too big an obstacle to overcome.

UConn and Arizona State?

That should help put butts in the seats at Mariucci!  

:lol:

Yeah, those would probably really drive interest in the Lil 6 hockey conference. 

• Upvote 1

UConn and Arizona State?

That should help put butts in the seats at Mariucci!  

:lol:

It won't :lol:

Minnesota fans are obviously pissed and want more natural powers, but I don't think the B1G will do it. They're going to stick with 'big name' schools and just keep pissing off the actual college hockey fans. All of the Michigan and MSU fans on Reddit say the same thing. As college hockey fans nobody likes the B1G (except for PSU), but it just doesn't matter. Just gotta live with it.