Dean Blais (3):                        5-1

Bob May (2):                           3-1

Barry Thorndycraft (1):           2-0

Bob Peters (1):                       1-1

Bill Selman (2):                       1-3

Dave Hakstol (7):                    1-7

21-15

• Upvote 4

Keep enabling GFHockey - that's great! :love:   There's a 12 step program he might like but thats not my business and overalll I AGREE if UND keeps Hak they should have F4 Participation banners hanging in the Ralph!!   Thats all we're going to get so lets make the best of his "reign" as coach! :)   

Or how about regional title banners?

Or how about regional title banners?

NORTH DAKOTA REGIONAL TITLE BANNERS:

Dave Hakstol:          7

Dean Blais:              3

Gino Gasparini:       3*

*No regionals.  8 team playoff with four winners advancing to frozen four (82', 84', and 87').  Prior to 1982, NCAA selected the four participants in the frozen four, which was essentially the entire NCAA playoffs).

helms.jpg

...North Carolina with an NCAA 1941 Sweet 16 banner...

Except that Dave Hakstol, himself, has said that UND "does not hang second place banners".  So you may be better served showing your endless series of college basketball arena photographs to Coach Hakstol if you desire Engelstad Arena to start hanging regional title banners or NCAA tournament participation banners.  I don't think anyone on this forum has ever said that other schools do not hang second place (and below) banners.  Indeed, Mariucci Arena has been the focal point of these discussions for some time on this message board.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Except that Dave Hakstol, himself, has said that UND "does not hang second place banners". So you may be better served showing your endless series of college basketball arena photographs to Coach Hakstol if you desire Engelstad Arena to start hanging regional title banners or NCAA tournament participation banners. I don't think anyone on this forum has ever said that other schools do not hang second place (and below) banners. Indeed, Mariucci Arena has been the focal point of these discussions for some time on this message board.

Back already from the early morning run to egg Hak's house and let the air out of his tires?

Back already from Hak's house after the early morning run to egg his house and let the air out of his tires?

Yup.  But his car was in his garage so I couldn't get to his tires.  I can drop off your basketball arena photograph montage at his house tomorrow morning, too, and let him know that MafiaMan wants banners up at Engelstad for every achievement, large and small, in UND hockey history.

Make no mistake; I don't want Hakstol fired.  I am, however, disappointed in the ability of his teams to capitalize at the end of the season.

Yup. But his car was in his garage so I couldn't get to his tires. I can drop off your basketball arena photograph montage at his house tomorrow morning, too, and let him know that MafiaMan wants banners up at Engelstad for every achievement, large and small, in UND hockey history.

Make no mistake; I don't want Hakstol fired. I am, however, disappointed in the ability of his teams to capitalize at the end of the season.

I didn't say "every" achievement, but if winning the NCHC tournament isn't a a big deal, why did this place melt down last month after two losses in it? And it's not like REA is hoisting up attendance banners or retiring numbers for the "fans," right?

As to your point about being frustrated about the disappointing Frozen Four results, we're in the same boat.

• Upvote 3

I didn't say "every" achievement, but if winning the NCHC tournament isn't a a big deal, why did this place melt down last month after two losses in it? And it's not like REA is hoisting up attendance banners or retiring numbers for the "fans," right?

There is a conference tournament championship banner with the years inscribed, above one of the bars, I believe.  

Yup.  But his car was in his garage so I couldn't get to his tires.  I can drop off your basketball arena photograph montage at his house tomorrow morning, too, and let him know that MafiaMan wants banners up at Engelstad for every achievement, large and small, in UND hockey history.

Make no mistake; I don't want Hakstol fired.  I am, however, disappointed in the ability of his teams to capitalize at the end of the season.

This is the main point of the Hakstol Critics Club (HCC), not to be confused with the Fire Hakstol Club (FHC). :p

As to your point about being frustrated about the disappointing Frozen Four results, we're in the same boat.

^^^THIS

I am not exactly sure.  If I had to guess, I would tend to think the melt down had to do with two things.  First, it was the first time UND lost back-to-back games in well over a year.  Second, UND looked awful against Denver, which was the final game before the NCAA tournament.  So I think the meltdown had more to do with UND not looking ready for the NCAA playoffs than it had to with not winning a conference playoff championship.

As for me, personally, I was not too concerned because I knew UND was going to be a number 1 seed in Fargo regardless of their performance in Minneapolis.  That Denver game didn't mean much, if anything, for UND.

And correct, Engelstad Arena does not need "fan" banners like that 12th man nonsense.

Serious question: Do you guys actually enjoy discussing this endlessly? I understand some conversation on it but some of you guys only show up when the conversation of Hak's deficiencies pop up and go on to debate back and forth ad nauseum.  Is it enjoyable to you?   

It's the offseason, what do you suggest we talk about?  You can only talk about next year so much before you run out of material.  And if this topic offends you so much, just ignore it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Serious question: Do you guys actually enjoy discussing this endlessly? I understand some conversation on it but some of you guys only show up when the conversation of Hak's deficiencies pop up and go on to debate back and forth ad nauseum.  Is it enjoyable to you?   

From Ghostbusters II... I've made a couple of edits to make it relevant to our conversation

Egon: Vigo the Carpathian. Fire Dave Hakstol conversation. Born 1505, this incarnation 2015, died 1610 please right now.

Peter Venkman: 105 years old over 6 days old, he hung in there, didn't he?

Ray: He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disembowled, drawn and quartered.

Peter Venkman: Ouch.

Winston: Guess he wasn't too popular at the end, huh?

Egon: No, not exactly a man of the people. Also known as Vigo Hak the Cruel, Vigo Hak the Torturer, Vigo Hak the Despised, and Vigo Hak the Unholy.

Peter Venkman: Wasn't he also Vigo Hak the Butch?

Ray: And dig this, there was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back. Until we win a national championship. Then, this conversation finally dies. No, wait. It won't. Even after I do win one, someone will still want me fired."

It's the offseason, what do you suggest we talk about?  You can only talk about next year so much before you run out of material.  And if this topic offends you so much, just ignore it.

You never answered my question. If you're asking my preference I choose talking about nothing rather than this but I'm wondering about you guys.

Where in my post did I say or infer that it offended me? I just asked if you enjoy it. Not being facetious, I'm seriously wondering if you do.