SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Big Sky Tourney

bincitysioux

I'm guessing the league is breathing a huge sigh of relief that Montana gets to host rather than Sac St. in the wellness center.

I'd say the Griz are the favorites, they have been playing some good basketball of late, having won 7 of their last 8 games.  Sac St. has been struggling a bit to end the season.  EWU continues to be good.  I think NAU could be a dark horse type of team.  They have really finished the season strong.

No. 2 Eastern Washington (22-8) vs. No. 7 Idaho (13-16)
No. 3 Sacramento State (19-10) vs. No. 6 Portland State (15-13)
No. 4 Northern Arizona (18-13) vs. No. 5 Northern Colorado (15-14)
No. 1 Montana (18-11) vs. No. 8 Weber State (13-16)

I'm guessing the league is breathing a huge sigh of relief that Montana gets to host rather than Sac St. in the wellness center.

I'd say the Griz are the favorites, they have been playing some good basketball of late, having won 7 of their last 8 games.  Sac St. has been struggling a bit to end the season.  EWU continues to be good.  I think NAU could be a dark horse type of team.  They have really finished the season strong.

No. 2 Eastern Washington (22-8) vs. No. 7 Idaho (13-16)

No. 3 Sacramento State (19-10) vs. No. 6 Portland State (15-13)

No. 4 Northern Arizona (18-13) vs. No. 5 Northern Colorado (15-14)

No. 1 Montana (18-11) vs. No. 8 Weber State (13-16)

It is amazing to see Weber State as an No. 8 seed!

No. 2 Eastern Washington 91, No. 7 Idaho 83
No. 3 Sacramento State 70, No. 6 Portland State 60
No. 4 Northern Arizona 63,No. 5 Northern Colorado 57
No. 1 Montana 76, No. 8 Weber State 73, OT

Top 4 seeds advance.  Tonight should be a couple good match ups.  Sac. St. beat EWU during the regular season and Northern Arizona may be playing the best basketball of anyone in the field right now.

interesting sequence at the end of the game

Montana drives all the way to the basket to get the layup with .4 left

when the ball went through the hoop one of the Montana coaches ran on the court, then realized he got on the court turned around and dived back into the sidelines.  Well out of the box.  no T called. happened right in front of the ref.

NAU inbounded with .4 left and missed a 3/4 court shot.  Then a scuffle broke out at half court.  It did not look like punches thrown

edit:  the scuffle was started by the NAU head coach, current rumors of a punch thrown by Montana head coach

interesting sequence at the end of the game

Montana drives all the way to the basket to get the layup with .4 left

when the ball went through the hoop one of the Montana coaches ran on the court, then realized he got on the court turned around and dived back into the sidelines.  Well out of the box.  no T called. happened right in front of the ref.

NAU inbounded with .4 left and missed a 3/4 court shot.  Then a scuffle broke out at half court.  It did not look like punches thrown

edit:  the scuffle was started by the NAU head coach, current rumors of a punch thrown by Montana head coach

It turns out the guy who ran onto the court was actually a player. An academically ineligible player. Insert your own punch line here.  ;)