SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

Ive think youve lost it son.

Those were the utmost die hard UND fans around. There was only two ways to get tickets. Be a UND champions member or wait outside scheels arena since 430 am like me and that was for only 150 out of 5,000.

Your point?

Your point?

I highly doubt half those fans were Bison football fans. And if they were its not the "passionate fans" but more like the go North Dakota any thing. Like my mom. Ill get a text "go bison" even though she works at UND...Im like ok whatever mom...haha.

• Upvote 1

Those were the utmost die hard UND fans around. There was only two ways to get tickets. Be a UND champions member or wait outside scheels arena since 430 am like me and that was for only 150 out of 5,000.

wrong! If you had a suite at scheels arena you were allotted tickets or should I say the chance to buy them when the regional was awarded, those suite owners are from Fargo and rabid bison fans.

How many non suite tickets did they get?

Easy to assume UND fans living in fargo have a suite to Force games.

you said there was only two ways to get tickets, to which I replied wrong, quit moving the goalposts. And yes there were a lot of avid bison fans at your hockey regional.

Half of the UND hockey fans in Scheels Arena are NDSU football fans.....

Dispute it if you want, it's just the unfortunate truth

These comments are far from the truth but really close to delusional.
  • Upvote 1

you said there was only two ways to get tickets, to which I replied wrong, quit moving the goalposts. And yes there were a lot of avid bison fans at your hockey regional.

Well sorry by bad. Was not aware. Thought you might have numbers.

Im in no way doubting there were plenty of "rabid" Bison football fans there. They are good and have done things no other FCS teams have ever done. Kudos to them.

I saw very minimal Bison gear that weekend.

The ones I did see were in the suites...the suites were also packed with Sioux Fans.

These comments are far from the truth but really close to delusional.

If not NDSU football fans, then UND hockey-only fans were of the majority.

There's a difference between UND fans and UND hockey-only fans. UND hockey-only fans mock UND football more than NDSU fans do.

The bandwagon fans require winning before they just up and leave NDSU football for UND football.

UND football is in the midst of a very promising spring football session and you choose to comment on the attandance of a UND hockey game a week after the fact? To each their own I guess, but you're really only defending "die hard" UND hockey fans, not UND football fans.

I could care less what the actual fan loyalties were/are right now. Right now I only care about the future of UND football, which looks promising. With a return to winning for UND football, fandom for UND football will undoubtedly increase.

I am full support for UND in all sports and I can't understand how anyone who attends or attended UND could be any other way.... frontrunners I guess.  Now if you went to NDSU and are also a Sioux Hockey fan, I get that because you don't have a hockey team at NDSU.

• Upvote 1

I am full support for UND in all sports and I can't understand how anyone who attends or attended UND could be any other way.... frontrunners I guess. Now if you went to NDSU and are also a Sioux Hockey fan, I get that because you don't have a hockey team at NDSU.

I went to neither school and support any North Dakota school.

I went to neither school and support any North Dakota school.

Just curious. Who do you plan on cheering for when UND and NDSU play in football next year? Who do you cheer for when the teams play in hoops? If they were in the same conference who would you rather see win Conference Championships? Gotta have a preference I would think?

Just curious. Who do you plan on cheering for when UND and NDSU play in football next year? Who do you cheer for when the teams play in hoops? If they were in the same conference who would you rather see win Conference Championships? Gotta have a preference I would think?

Considering his nephew is qb for the Bison, I would guess he will cheer for NDSU.  At least for next year's game...

Sioux rube is ur typical ndsu football Und hockey fan type.

He only follows winners

Kind of what I was getting at. If you say you support both schools but only cheer for UND Hockey and NDSU football then I would consider you a front running bandwagon ND college sports fan, not a fan of both schools. Not saying it is wrong just calling it what it is. 

• Upvote 2

Pretty simple when my nephew is the QB for the Bison. I could give 2 shyts about basketball.

You didn't see the other 150 times he told us about who his nephew is?    :whistling:

Kind of what I was getting at. If you say you support both schools but only cheer for UND Hockey and NDSU football then I would consider you a front running bandwagon ND college sports fan, not a fan of both schools. Not saying it is wrong just calling it what it is.

A LOT of people out there of this bandwagon type; "UND hockey and NDSU football fans".

To me, these fans oppose UND football and basketball; therefore, they aren't true UND fans. They support UND hockey only because NDSU does not have a hockey team. This doesn't help out UND athletics as a whole (football and basketball included).