SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Northern Arizona

bincitysioux

I'm confused why he was not in more than what he was.  I would have had him in for DeReon.  

I don't think you're the one that's confused....  How about we have Hooker be Player/Coach next year?

De Reuen  seems to pick the worst possible moments to throw up a wild three or a wild 1 on 3 drive to the basket and kill the momentum.  

• Upvote 1

The fact that Shields didn't play in the second half is ridiculous. I don't even know if he played after he went on a little 6 point run. Stupid. Shanks has shown potential at times this year but he needs to get the mental aspect down. Gets too frustrated and shows terrible body language and takes his frustration out on stupid fouls.

The fact that Shields didn't play in the second half is ridiculous. I don't even know if he played after he went on a little 6 point run. Stupid. Shanks has shown potential at times this year but he needs to get the mental aspect down. Gets too frustrated and shows terrible body language and takes his frustration out on stupid fouls.

only problem with shields in that stretch is yeah he scored six but he also gave up six....

"It's either taught or allowed".

When Shanks was in foul trouble, the combination of Shields/Cashman/Nash in the first half seemed to be pretty good on the offensive end but not so much on the defensive side or on the boards.  Still think that could be a good combination (substituting Shanks for Nash) next year but all three of those guys need to put on a little weight so they don't get pushed around rebounding and playing defense.  Combine that with Hooker and someone who can consistently hit a three and it would be a pretty tough offense to guard.

When Shanks was in foul trouble, the combination of Shields/Cashman/Nash in the first half seemed to be pretty good on the offensive end but not so much on the defensive side or on the boards.  Still think that could be a good combination (substituting Shanks for Nash) next year but all three of those guys need to put on a little weight so they don't get pushed around rebounding and playing defense.  Combine that with Hooker and someone who can consistently hit a three and it would be a pretty tough offense to guard.

I wouldn't mind if Jones could find a guy like Kaluna (sp?) from NAU. He  has done O.K. finding taller skinny guys who hopefully will eventually gain weight/strength, but it would be nice if he could find an offensive tackle type once in awhile, too, even if he's only 6'6" or so.

I wouldn't mind if Jones could find a guy like Kaluna (sp?) from NAU. He  has done O.K. finding taller skinny guys who hopefully will eventually gain weight/strength, but it would be nice if he could find an offensive tackle type once in awhile, too, even if he's only 6'6" or so.

That guy was a beast last night and he's only a freshman.  Took 15 shots off the bench and apparently had some range.