SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-6) @ SUU (2-6)

SWSiouxMN

Nash seemed like he was able to finish at the rim finally.  He played last night like I think most have been expecting him to since the beginning of the year.  Not sure if it was a one game thing, something clicked or maybe his knee is better.  Even made some clutch free throws down the stretch.  I'll take 21 and 11 from him every night, especially with 60% shooting.  Not sure what he did to cause that steal at the end, but it was huge.

Outrebounded them 46-37.  Lots of offensive boards on both sides though, 15-11 in favor of UND.

20 TO's is too many.

Hooker didn't have it last night shooting.  Still played good defense and distributed the ball well.

Only 3 assists in the second half after 11 in the first. 

5 guys in double figures and Hooker wasn't one of them.  Wouldn't have predicted that.

I like the energy Hobaugh brings but not sold on him getting 18 minutes with Coleman only getting 2.  Was glad to see Antwi get some extended playing time, I think he's one of the most well-rounded players on the team.  Tyler played 44 of 45 minutes, only took 5 shots but had 14 free throws, making 13 of them.  Nice to have a solid shooter from the line, wasn't sure who was going to fill Anderson's shoes for late game free throws.

I can't figure this team out. UND is the only Big Sky team with a losing record at home while having a winning record on the road in conference play so far. And it wouldn't even be so maddening if all the home losses had been to really good teams. But Weber St. and Portland St.? Those are the losses that may very well keep UND out of the Big Sky tournament.

I can't figure this team out. UND is the only Big Sky team with a losing record at home while having a winning record on the road in conference play so far. And it wouldn't even be so maddening if all the home losses had been to really good teams. But Weber St. and Portland St.? Those are the losses that may very well keep UND out of the Big Sky tournament.

We can probably look at who they played for those wins.  Road wins are over Idaho (7th place), SUU (10th), and MSU (12th).  

Their only home win is over Idaho State (11th).  

That pretty well explains why they are in 9th place in the Big Sky.  About right where they belong according to the schedule.

I didn't have that much of a problem with the coaching job last night.    We had too many turnovers which we normally aren't bad at   I  had a big problem with the last play of the game in regulation though.   I don't know if that was player error or coaching error but it was bad.  You didn't want to foul on a 3 pointer but you sure didn't want to give one of their best shooters an open 3 point  look.   A foul of any other type would of been alright.  I don't understand how that could of happened.

We can probably look at who they played for those wins.  Road wins are over Idaho (7th place), SUU (10th), and MSU (12th).  

That pretty well explains why they are in 9th place in the Big Sky.  About right where they belong according to the schedule.

I don't think we beat the 7th, 10th and 12th place teams on the road last year with a much more experienced team.

Point taken, but the Weber loss at home really bothered me. Weber lost at SUU and at Idaho, both of whom UND beat on the road. That was simply a game UND can't lose at home.