SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD Dogz - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Just outdoor Thursday. Playing more hockey now. Kids a mite so need to sharpen the skills

In St Paul? We haven't played men's indoor or outdoor in several years now. Still playin' co-rec one might a week.

UMD played well tonight. Are you checking out GPL tonight as well?

In St Paul? We haven't played men's indoor or outdoor in several years now. Still playin' co-rec one might a week.

UMD played well tonight. Are you checking out GPL tonight as well?

Inver grove with a few co Rec girls and Thell.

Haven't been on gpl. Only came here because it was a dumpster fire I couldn't avoid. Stick to Twitter mostly. Kids are running my show now. Either at the rink or out back on our pond

I don't see us winning tomorrow if we can't figure out how to break the puck out better and also keep the puck for longer than 5 seconds in the offensive zone.

In short these were easily the biggest issues last night. UMD broke out clean, came thru the NZ w speed and had UND on their heels all night. UND was sloppy with the puck, struggled thru the NZ, had 1 forward standing on the blue line who just chipped it or rung it around the boards and then they proceeded to lose 90+% of races to the puck in the OZ. UND got out worked badly last night. UMD has lots of speed. If UND can't control them better as they transition thru the NZ tonight's result will be the same. UMD is easily the best team to take the ice at the Ralph so far this season so let's not confuse them w LSSU.

NS looked like he was running diesel in a gas engine. Murphy was brought in as a point getter......this experiment needs to end. LJ looks completely lost out there. Our Dman weren't as bad as some suggest. Obviously not great but the forwards as a collective group were terrible defensively. Mac has to finish. 2 grade A chances MM could have scored on. Zane was great...tough to waste his performance.

NS looked like he was running diesel in a gas engine. Murphy was brought in as a point getter......this experiment needs to end. LJ looks completely lost out there. Our Dman weren't as bad as some suggest. Obviously not great but the forwards as a collective group were terrible defensively. Mac has to finish. 2 grade A chances MM could have scored on. Zane was great...tough to waste his performance.

Noticed Poolman got thrown upfront at the end of the game to try to spark something. May be there for tonights game.

I couldn't believe MM passed up that shot in the 1st period, had coos-coos down and out.

Noticed Poolman got thrown upfront at the end of the game to try to spark something. May be there for tonights game.

I couldn't believe MM passed up that shot in the 1st period, had coos-coos down and out.

Poolman was up for Murphy.

In short these were easily the biggest issues last night. UMD broke out clean, came thru the NZ w speed and had UND on their heels all night. UND was sloppy with the puck, struggled thru the NZ, had 1 forward standing on the blue line who just chipped it or rung it around the boards and then they proceeded to lose 90+% of races to the puck in the OZ. UND got out worked badly last night. UMD has lots of speed. If UND can't control them better as they transition thru the NZ tonight's result will be the same. UMD is easily the best team to take the ice at the Ralph so far this season so let's not confuse them w LSSU.

Best comment of the night was by my 8-year-old daughter. While in the middle of hooting and hollering about some random play, my youngest daughter said "don't worry, dad, it's only college hockey." I turned to her and said college hockey mattered the most to me because it was my favorite, and then I asked her what hockey she likes best. She replied with "the NHL, obviously." I followed that by asking her why, to which my oldest said "because they don't just shoot the puck into the boards all the time!"

Quite insightful, I thought.

Best comment of the night was by my 8-year-old daughter. While in the middle of hooting and hollering about some random play, my youngest daughter said "don't worry, dad, it's only college hockey." I turned to her and said college hockey mattered the most to me because it was my favorite, and then I asked her what hockey she likes best. She replied with "the NHL, obviously." I followed that by asking her why, to which my oldest said "because they don't just shoot the puck into the boards all the time!"

Quite insightful, I thought.

Just got a PM from gfhockey.......the GOBC will consider your 8 year old daughter a serious candidate/replacement for Hak if they can get rid of him.
  • Upvote 1

Best comment of the night was by my 8-year-old daughter. While in the middle of hooting and hollering about some random play, my youngest daughter said "don't worry, dad, it's only college hockey." I turned to her and said college hockey mattered the most to me because it was my favorite, and then I asked her what hockey she likes best. She replied with "the NHL, obviously."

Your daughter is a fan of professional hockey? But I thought you made her watch Bruins games?

UND looked rusty and half a step behind. Duluth took over in the second period. Getting a few bounces didn't hurt either. Their first goal was a fluke, Crandall tried to get a shot off his own skate but wiffed on it when it came off to hard and went right into Osterberg's stick who proceeded to follow up his goal by looking like a complete clown jumping into the glass near Duluth's bench. Surprised he didn't hurt himself trying to taunt a couple teenage girls.

I also can't recall seeing that many players kicked out of a faceoff circle in a weekend let alone a single game. It was unbelievable. Drop the puck already!

Your daughter is a fan of professional hockey? But I thought you made her watch Bruins games?

Hey-oh!

The other day, after giving her bedroom walls the final coat, I asked her if she wanted to sit and watch it dry, or go watch the Bruins. Her reply was "That would be like watching the Red Wings, let's go watch the B's!"

Again, quite insightful!

Edit: Copyrigt Goon, all rights reserved.

• Upvote 1

Troll, you got people here blaming refs, jumping in the fire off the wagon, and acting like the dogs are Wisconsin. Your folks priorities are a mess

I remember you now...you're the 'Smallpox Blankets' guy from a couple years ago..so nice of you to stop by...stay classy Duluth!
  • Upvote 2

I remember you now...you're the 'Smallpox Blankets' guy from a couple years ago..so nice of you to stop by...stay classy Duluth!

Yep that's him...  he normally trolls gpl but after a daloot win his stink will show up here as well...  If UND can win tonight he will disappear like a fart in the wind.  If we lose, well, like most trolls he'll be back for a second round.   BTW, the reason he trolls other forums is because daloot doesn't have enough passionate fans to support one of their own...  a lot like denver.

• Upvote 1

UND looked rusty and half a step behind. Duluth took over in the second period. Getting a few bounces didn't hurt either. Their first goal was a fluke, Crandall tried to get a shot off his own skate but wiffed on it when it came off to hard and went right into Osterberg's stick who proceeded to follow up his goal by looking like a complete clown jumping into the glass near Duluth's bench. Surprised he didn't hurt himself trying to taunt a couple teenage girls.

I also can't recall seeing that many players kicked out of a faceoff circle in a weekend let alone a single game. It was unbelievable. Drop the puck already!

It was like every time there was a faceoff the linesmen tried to make it a show and make sure everyone noticed them. There was one faceoff where I believe the linesman held the puck for almost a full minute before actually dropping it. I hope we don't have to see that show again tonight from the linesman just get the centers in and set and drop the puck right away.

• Upvote 1