SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. LSSU - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

As much as I am nervous saying this, I think you have to start Cam tonight... You can't let him sit and think about last night any longer or his nerves will be shot when he does get to play. Doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't start Zane on Fri and Cam on Sat... But too late for that now.

As much as I am nervous saying this, I think you have to start Cam tonight... You can't let him sit and think about last night any longer or his nerves will be shot when he does get to play. Doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't start Zane on Fri and Cam on Sat... But too late for that now.

I completely agree.

UND won a game last night that they should have won even with me in net but now what does Hak do with Cam? My sense and opinion was that if he were to play it would be in tonight's game after UND shelled LSSU on Friday . The scenario that unfolded last night was worst case for Cam and Hak. Give up 3 in 21 minutes vs a horrible team that averages less than 2 a game to date. Now I think one almost has to go back to Cam tonight. Hak can't let this stir inside of Cam til January to play him in an exhibition game... can he?

And BTW...UND has given up 4 or more goals just 2x this season. Those games were vs. offensive juggernauts LSSU and those pesky Beavers.

I think he goes our there again tonight, too. 

Yup. You gotta get him back in there.

And it's not just for Cam. The defense needs to know they have to stay on their assignments, something they have been forgetful about from time to time, and Zane has bailed them out more times than not.

Unless Cam Johnson demonstrates to Hakstol that he is not ready to go back in tonight, I think he has to play.  The debate is whether you start him or put him in later in the game.

I am wondering what peoples thoughts are for next year if Zane doesn't come back Cam will probably be our starting goalie? After last night I don't see him getting a lot more playing time especially going into the stretch.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Zane back next year but if he isn't it would likely be an open competition between Cam and whoever we bring in with the 2 probably splitting series until someone takes control. The tough part for the coaching staff is they almost have to recruit a goalie that could come in next season but also could be pushed back a year if Zane is back.

Liked this exchange between Hak and Schloss last nigh that UNDSID tweeted out:

Schlossman: "What do you know about (the health status) of Caggiula and St.Clair?"

Hakstol: "Honestly, this time, I don't know."

Schlossman: "Does that mean you weren't honest last time?"

Hakstol: "Pretty much, yep."

What the hell are you talking about?

Thank you for asking.  I was referring to your propensity to focus on the negative aspects of the team's performance and the way you enjoy asking about "how long will such poor coaching, performance, lack of preparation, etc., etc. be allowed to continue?"  Because, honestly I'm seeing a pattern in your approach that I don't appreciate and being a long time dedicated fan of this team I am inclined to call you on it instead of roll my eyes and wish you'd stop posting such sniveling drivel.  But, as you say, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.  My opinion is that you are of substantially less caliber than your moniker implies.

I'm as happy about tonight as any Sioux fan so grow the eff up..

Which brings me to my second point.  You continually respond like a petulant child when anyone dares to take umbrage with one of your posts, so I made sure to include language that I would use when dealing with a petulant child.  Your reply exactly fits with what I expected, and it is clear to me that between the two of us, you are the one with growing up to do. You are posting on a public forum, act like it.  

But anyway, appreciate the updates, folks..

Go Sioux!

Fans aren't required to march in lockstep because there will be disagreements from time to time. There's a "pattern in my approach" that you don't appreciate? That's interesting. What do you do, cruise the forums & look for dissenters? This is a sports forum where everyone usually has a different take to add to the discussion; not a gulag in 1930s Russia. There will always be people who think differently than you, sports included, so get used to it. It doesn't mean they're bad or disloyal people, they're just different. Sometimes I get a little hot because fans question or doubt my loyalty if I don't think like them. Was that too petulant for you? 

I was posting strictly about the hockey game tonight & you zeroed in on my comment of "Thx for the updates, nite". Was that too negative for you? Please reply in the appropriate thread where you may have had a previous disagreement with me. If you continue to have a beef with me, PM me & we can carry on our discussion in private. I'll be more than happy to engage you there. I love this hockey team, as I'm sure you do by the sound of it, so let's focus on the team, shall we?

Apologies, guys, for posting this here; he's been asked to reply in private if he wants. 

And does anyone know if tonight's game will be on DirecTV? Thanks in advance if anyone knows..

Also, to the guy in section 104 who got up and left in disgust after the 4th LSSU goal, you missed a hell of a game!

I love it when morons do that. He'll be the guy in REA tonight talking loudly enough so that everyone in his section knows he knew a big comeback and Sioux win was never in doubt.

Liked this exchange between Hak and Schloss last nigh that UNDSID tweeted out:

Schlossman: "What do you know about (the health status) of Caggiula and St.Clair?"

Hakstol: "Honestly, this time, I don't know."

Schlossman: "Does that mean you weren't honest last time?"

Hakstol: "Pretty much, yep."

Yeah, that was funny. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Zane back next year but if he isn't it would likely be an open competition between Cam and whoever we bring in with the 2 probably splitting series until someone takes control. The tough part for the coaching staff is they almost have to recruit a goalie that could come in next season but also could be pushed back a year if Zane is back.

The Boston Bruins have a log jam at goalie right now. Malcom Subban who's a high draft choice isn't even getting a sniff right now. I would hope that Zane would be back next season. I know he's a good student. 

The Boston Bruins have a log jam at goalie right now. Malcom Subban who's a high draft choice isn't even getting a sniff right now. I would hope that Zane would be back next season. I know he's a good student.

Oh, the irony of running into you at the Hogg next spring and seeing you in a Bruins jersey with "SUBBAN" on the back...

But if you're Boston, do you then give up a player that has trade worth by letting him become a free agent and pick a situation that is better for him. In the end it's his decision, but I would bet Boston will make an attractive offer to him.

couldn't care less or could not care less...I know, it's a grammar thing that drives me nuts...it's the OCD in me...

I hear you as I also have the same tendency to correct people, usually those who don't capitalize the first letter in a sentence. 

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy usually works better than synthetic meds, in case you were wondering.

: )

But if you're Boston, do you then give up a player that has trade worth by letting him become a free agent and pick a situation that is better for him. In the end it's his decision, but I would bet Boston will make an attractive offer to him.

Who knows, if the Bruins don't start winning, there's going to be a house cleaning in Boston. The are in panic full melt down panic mode.