SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

Mahtomedi ties it at 2 really a classic Northern vs. Metro battle. Very fast and physical battle getting chippy at times.

Mahtomedi can get out of Class A any day now too. They play a AA schedule all season long then cry "little school" at tournament time.

Mahtomedi can get out of Class A any day now too. They play a AA schedule all season long then cry "little school" at tournament time.

Agreed they could easily move up with their enrollment. Their fans must not be real smart either chanting at EGF "where's your fans?" and "Overrated" during the 2nd period the overrated chant doesn't make any sense since EGF is the #3 and Mahtomedi is the #2 and it was a tie game at the time in the 2nd period. 

EGF 3 Mahtomedi 2 after 2

FINAL #3 EGF 5 #2 Mahtomedi 2 EGF returns to the State Championship. EGF was the better team all game but really dominated the 3rd period holding Mahtomedi to only 4 shots final shots were EGF 33 Mahtomedi 20.

I thought North Dakota high school hockey was catching up but after watching the state tournament last weekend and now watching Minnesota's state tournament this week there is a long way to go. There are maybe a couple North Dakota teams who could be competitive in Class A but I'm not sure if they would even make the state tournament unless they were put in one of the weaker sections. I don't think North Dakota high school hockey will ever get to the Minnesota level but it can keep growing and get more competitive. 

The GF schools split with EGF earlier this year with RR beating EGF at EGF 5-0. Anything can happen come tournament time.

Actually EGF was 3-1 against Red River and Central this year with the only loss being early in the year like you said 5-0 to Red River. EGF started their backup goalie that game and gave up 3 goals on 6 shots before being pulled. EGF beat Central 6-3 and 4-2 and beat Red River 4-1.

Actually EGF was 3-1 against Red River and Central this year with the only loss being early in the year like you said 5-0 to Red River. EGF started their backup goalie that game and gave up 3 goals on 6 shots before being pulled. EGF beat Central 6-3 and 4-2 and beat Red River 4-1.

Yes I should have looked at the full schedule. Opps.

when will the cadets be demanding to get back into A after blowing the 3 goal lead yesterday?

I don't know but it sure looked like a funeral procession of BMWs headed south on 35E about 30 minutes after yesterday's choke-job.   :D

Lots of whining over on "that other site" about how cheap EGF is. And I am not referring to the cost-of-living.

Not sure what game they were watching EGF played good physical hockey nothing wrong with that and it really looked to frustrate Mahtomedi. EGF even got hit with a couple of weak penalties because of Mahtomedi embellishment. Mahtomedi was the team that only really went after guys if they had their head down and they could put their stick or elbow right in the helmet or started after the whistle stuff always throwing an extra cross check or punch but somehow never had to kill a penalty.

Might have been the best I've seen east side play. Fantastic game and most physical I've ever seen. It def kept the metro team down. I did think egf got away with some early but mahtomedi wasn't getting called for things after whistle.

Great atmosphere and wow was there a lot of fans. Most upper deck full as well and lots people just waiting in concourse. I found mahtomedi chanting "what's a green wave" funny bc no one had clue what zephyr is. Btw my understanding on green wave is that it's for wind blowing through wheat fields before ripening. Lame reason but at least original.

Btw I would think loven starts getting looks. He's been the glue for a while even playing d for selk. Also weber from egf is solid goalie. I watched Zane in high school and feel weber is right with where he was.

Can't wait for tomorrow as I heard egf didn't play great first time against hermantown. Not to mention tv time outs has allowed egf to load first line.

Not to derail thread but not sure exactly how MN does breakdown. Normally it's 64 biggest make up AA. Then rest single. However this does lead to bigger descrepencies in A. So when a school opts up like Roseau or next year Duluth marshal (I believe) I'm not sure if that then forces bigger school down. I don't think it does but for evening purposes it might.

Might have been the best I've seen east side play. Fantastic game and most physical I've ever seen. It def kept the metro team down. I did think egf got away with some early but mahtomedi wasn't getting called for things after whistle.

Great atmosphere and wow was there a lot of fans. Most upper deck full as well and lots people just waiting in concourse. I found mahtomedi chanting "what's a green wave" funny bc no one had clue what zephyr is. Btw my understanding on green wave is that it's for wind blowing through wheat fields before ripening. Lame reason but at least original.

Btw I would think loven starts getting looks. He's been the glue for a while even playing d for selk. Also weber from egf is solid goalie. I watched Zane in high school and feel weber is right with where he was.

Can't wait for tomorrow as I heard egf didn't play great first time against hermantown. Not to mention tv time outs has allowed egf to load first line.

I've liked Loven for a long time and thought he has been right with Tweten for EGF's 2nd best player behind Bowen. I definitely think he will end up D1 player and I believe he has already been drafted by Lincoln in the USHL. Webber is a solid goalie and I think he will get junior looks after high school but playing against and then watching Zane in high school I think Zane was a better goalie at the same stage and probably a bigger goalie as well. One big difference is a lot of times Zane faced 25-30+ shots a game while Webber usually faces around 20. I remember the one game where I think Zane was a Soph. playing Warroad in the section semis in TRF where it went to 2 or 3 OTs and Zane absolutely stood on his head and was really the only reason the game wasn't a 4-5 goal margin. I hope EGF can get some early chances and test Hermantown's goalie early because I'm not sure how good he really is if EGF plays like they did today I like their chances.