SiouxSports.com Forum

WORLD JUNIORS - Toronto/Montreal - DEC 25/JAN 5

AZSIOUX

You shouldn't have been surprised as Germany is a true 19 year old team and half their team are already playing men's hockey in various leagues. Therefore they don't make as many junior mistakes and they can play really physical so any team that plays them has to feel fortunate if they escape their game without injuries.

I was very surprised. Canada's team is almost entirely made up of 19 year olds as well, many that were top 10 draft picks over the past 2 years. The two 17 year olds will be top ten picks. Germany doesn't have one drafted player on their team I believe. Great game by the Germans last night.

According to the TSN studio analysts, Germany was (and is) far and away the worst team in the tournament. They were expecting a score of 9 or 10 to 0. It was essentially a 2-0 game - the 4-0 final isn't a true indication of how well Germany played.

Might be a good thing the US got a day off while Canada was wearing down the Germans. A repeat performance by Germany could result in a US loss, since the US D seemed a bit more suspect in the D end than has Canada's. Still not quite comfortable with Demco either. Still the US should win tonight's game.

According to the TSN studio analysts, Germany was (and is) far and away the worst team in the tournament. They were expecting a score of 9 or 10 to 0. It was essentially a 2-0 game - the 4-0 final isn't a true indication of how well Germany played.

If you believe the TSN analysts then you must also believe them when they say the Leafs are a playoff contender each and very year and when Buttons the Clown tells you that the Leafs Prospects in the tournament are the cat's arse.   The big shock for me was Slovakia beating Finland although one could use the hot goalie argument.   The Slovakian lineup is for the most part a team that plays in the Russian Junior league with only three or four draft picks themselves.  The Germans have for the most part played men\s hockey and it shows in their solid play.   Maybe the are worn down and will commit more turnovers tonight.  .

• Upvote 2

If you believe the TSN analysts then you must also believe them when they say the Leafs are a playoff contender each and very year and when Buttons the Clown tells you that the Leafs Prospects in the tournament are the cat's arse.

I pay as much attention to what TSN says about Canada hockey as I do to what Ed Schultz says about politics. The downright arrogance of the guys in the studio was really something.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/12/28/7457691/world-junior-championship-usa-roster-lines-vs-germany-nhl-network-wjc-2015

Sonny Milano - Jack Eichel - Alex Tuch

Chase De Leo - Auston Matthews - Nick Schmaltz

Tyler Motte - Dylan Larkin - Hudson Fasching

Anthony Louis - J.T. Compher - John Hayden

Miles Wood

Defensemen

Will Butcher - Brandon Carlo

Noah Hanifin - Ian McCoshen

Zach Werenski - Anthony DeAngelo

Ryan Collins

Goaltenders

Brandon Halverson

Alex Nedeljkovic

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/12/28/7457691/world-junior-championship-usa-roster-lines-vs-germany-nhl-network-wjc-2015

Sonny Milano - Jack Eichel - Alex Tuch

Chase De Leo - Auston Matthews - Nick Schmaltz

Tyler Motte - Dylan Larkin - Hudson Fasching

Miles Wood

Defensemen

Ryan Collins

Goaltenders

Brandon Halverson

Alex Nedeljkovic

Surprised no Demko

Might be a good thing the US got a day off while Canada was wearing down the Germans. A repeat performance by Germany could result in a US loss, since the US D seemed a bit more suspect in the D end than has Canada's. Still not quite comfortable with Demco either. Still the US should win tonight's game.

Haha, that's a good one.

I was surprised we ddn't see more of Schmaltz. Also surprised that with a 4-0 lead the coach continued to play Eichel's line as much as he did. Going form playing Sunday night and then playing in a Monday afternoon game will be tough enough let alone continuing to play your top line a lot.

Todays game could be a problem if Slovakia plays like they did against the Finns.

PS. Eichel reminds me of Toews with the long reach and skating skills. He looks like a man among boys most of the time he's on the ice.

I was surprised we ddn't see more of Schmaltz. Also surprised that with a 4-0 lead the coach continued to play Eichel's line as much as he did. Going form playing Sunday night and then playing in a Monday afternoon game will be tough enough let alone continuing to play your top line a lot.

Todays game could be a problem if Slovakia plays like they did against the Finns.

PS. Eichel reminds me of Toews with the long reach and skating skills. He looks like a man among boys most of the time he's on the ice.

I'm sure osieki wants to get everything out of his top performers as possible. Remember the goal differential can be a tie breaker when it comes to seeding the tournament portion. Eichel does look amazing out there. What a pick up bu got with him. Milano is also quite the hockey player.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/12/29/7462965/world-junior-championship-us-national-junior-team-lineup-vs-slovakia-nhl-network-monday-wjc-2015

Forwards

Tyler Motte - Jack Eichel - Alex Tuch

Miles Wood - Auston Matthews - Nick Schmaltz

Sonny Milano - Dylan Larkin - Hudson Fasching

Chase De Leo

Defensemen

Ryan Collins

Goaltenders