SiouxSports.com Forum

WORLD JUNIORS - Toronto/Montreal - DEC 25/JAN 5

AZSIOUX

I don't think Canada has won it for 6 years or so. This is he Super Bowl north of the border unless the Olympics are going.

@TPS_Guy: Canada is 4 for 10 as hosts (winning gold). @DuckMillard @TSN1260

@TPS_Guy: The other hosts to win were the Soviets in 1983 and Finland in 1998. Canada won at home in '91, '95, '06 and '09.@DuckMillard @TSN1260

Funny tweet referring to gf when they hosted ha

@TPS_Guy: . @jtmcwoo @DuckMillard @TSN1260 Good call, it was pretty much Grand Forks, SM. (South Manitoba)

No different than any given weekend in the Forks!  Those canucks are EVERYWHERE!

@usahockey: Preliminary roster for U.S. National Junior Team trimmed by three with F Adam Erne, F Michael McCarron and D Jack Dougherty(UW) being released.

Wow Erne was on last year's team. 2 out of the three guys cut were CHL guys.  Erne has put up good numbers in the Q, however everybody who can somewhat skate does.

Add Gersich or cags and maybe our number one next year?!? ?

I believe there are 4 more scratches to come

Santini is recovering a wrist injury and should be good by 2nd week of tourney. Interesting situation but he's so good so that matters

US lines for tonight...vs Germany

Schmaltz-Matthews-Hayden

Motte-Larkin-Fasching

De Leo-Compher-Louis

Wood-Cassels-Bracco

Butcher-DeAngelo

Hanifin-McCoshen

Werenski-Carlo

Downing-Collins

Demko

Nedeljkovic

Eichel, Milano, Tuch, Santini and Halverson are scratched.

[Reply]

Hopefully they don't make any cuts until Tuesday.  The guys who were on the bubble did very well and the guys who appeared borderline locks did not play as well.  It appeared the Matthews/Schmaltz/Hayden line did not have too much chemistry.  Schmaltz was pulled from that line to begin the 3rd and replaced by Woods I believe.  Oseiki may have just wanted to see different guys together.  The game was pretty sloppy.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_blogs.htm?id=35147

Defenseman Michael Downing, a Florida Panthers prospect, was released from the United States National Junior team on Monday.

Downing, a 6-foot-3, 192-pound defender, has three goals and seven points in 15 games for the University of Michigan.

The cut leaves the U.S. with 26 players currently in camp for the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship, including eight defensemen. The final 23-man roster must be submitted by Dec. 25.

3 cuts left

@JeffCoxSports: Cole Cassels and BC recruit Jeremy Bracco are final two forwards cut from US Jr. National Team for #2015WJC http://t.co/SSR7B3wzrZ

Bracco is very good! Surprising but young

Sounds like Manino nick and Matthews were great with the puck. Let's hope that Matthews/schmaltz chemistry continues!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS SIOUXVILLE!!!

Per brad

@SchlossmanGF: With the final roster now set, Nick Schmaltz will officially become the 35th player from UND to suit up in the World Juniors.

When is last time Canada won a medal? Also think it's been 3 years no NCAA kids. Not a surprise just interesting

MERRY CHRISTMAS SIOUXVILLE!!!

Per brad

@SchlossmanGF: With the final roster now set, Nick Schmaltz will officially become the 35th player from UND to suit up in the World Juniors.

When is last time Canada won a medal? Also think it's been 3 years no NCAA kids. Not a surprise just interesting

They don't traditionally have a lot of NCAA players, I don't think. Right? Makes me smile that they haven't gotten a medal in 2 years.

They don't traditionally have a lot of NCAA players, I don't think. Right? Makes me smile that they haven't gotten a medal in 2 years.

No maybe one at most. With the increased competition between the ncaa and CHL Hockey Canada frowns on inviting college kids.