SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

well that's a pathetic way to lose a tie game.

The shootout in general is pathetic.  But according to Hak, Montreal Canadiens fans like it so we are supposed to like it too. :silly:

I have no problem settling for a tie in a league as tough as this.  That would be better than deciding precious league points via a cute little skills competition.

I'm surprised people don't get the overtime rules for NCHC league games.

Win in regulation is 3 points.

Tie is a point for each team, with shootout to follow. Shootout winner gets the extra point.

Game is a tie for pairwise purposes. Points are for NCHC standings.

UND just tied Omaha in the all important Pairwise rankings.

I know but having anything determined by a shootout is pathetic.

• Upvote 2

Tie is a point for each team, with shootout to follow. Shootout winner gets the extra point.

That is what I was thinking...but I couldn't remember the point values...and didn't feel like looking them up.

This is only the second year of the NCHC and the infernal shootout.  People will catch on sooner or later.

Thanks, all I needed was an explanation; not an editorial about everyone needing to already know this..

The shootout in general is pathetic. But according to Hak, Montreal Canadiens fans like it so we are supposed to like it too. :silly:

I have no problem settling for a tie in a league as tough as this. That would be better than deciding precious league points via a cute little skills competition.

But the casual fan LOVES shoot-outs...right?

But the casual fan LOVES shoot-outs...right?

And the "casual fan" would probably love to decide basketball games with a slam dunk contest or baseball games with a home-run hitting contest.  But that doesn't change the fact that they are exhibitions of individual talent being used to decide the outcome of a team game.  And that is why the shootout has no place in hockey.

• Upvote 1

And the "casual fan" would probably love to decide basketball games with a slam dunk contest or baseball games with a home-run hitting contest. But that doesn't change the fact that they are exhibitions of individual talent being used to decide the outcome of a team game. And that is why the shootout has no place in hockey.

You are preaching to the choir, fs4l...

• Upvote 1

You must be loving shootouts tonight then.

Cause I actually watch college hockey? Sometimes without green glasses. Did you see all the people that think UND is world beaters because they have a 2 by their name? And Omaha is a "crappy" team despite having less losses than UND does.