SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

It was kind of heated for a while, SDSU beat NDSU three straight times from 2007-2009 but now SDSU losing 5 straight to NDSU has kind of taken the steam out of things. 

Not sure NDSU really has a rival in football at the moment. 

Eh must've died out when SDSU thought they would beat Nebraska.

He never said that they were Bison fans. There are alums, and fans of UND in all other sports that just don't see the point as of now to drive from Fargo to Grand Forks on Saturdays like they used to. If they still want to watch the sport they will just occasionally buy a ticket to the in town game, in that case NDSU. It similar to going to a Vikings game and seeing quite a few people wearing jerseys and shirts from other teams not playing. They want to see a game but not worth the travel at that moment. Heck even a Marlins fan was at the Giants-Royals game last night.

You get it Wildfan. I live in Fargo and there are tons of UND grads that go to su football games. Will be interesting which jersey they will wear at the su game next year. I would be wearing Sioux of course but don't have a ticket anyways. I go to maybe one su game a year now and rarely go to a game in GF.

Has anyone seen the purge?  Just imagine the 12 hours after, for the NDSU coaches and players, if UND beats NDSU next year (and breaks the streak!)  All those "We Want Bama" bandwagon fans, led by Lakes would enforce the purge on Bison in the Fargo area.  From what I have heard, most "NDSU" Fans want this game and are expecting to lose at some point.  All of the "Band wagon fans" want nothing to do with UND and are scared to death of losing any game, let alone to UND.  In there eyes, the Bison could compete with the worst team in the NFL, and they will throw out any stat to help their case.

Has anyone seen the purge?  Just imagine the 12 hours after, for the NDSU coaches and players, if UND beats NDSU next year (and breaks the streak!)  All those "We Want Bama" bandwagon fans, led by Lakes would enforce the purge on Bison in the Fargo area.  From what I have heard, most "NDSU" Fans want this game and are expecting to lose at some point.  All of the "Band wagon fans" want nothing to do with UND and are scared to death of losing any game, let alone to UND.  In there eyes, the Bison could compete with the worst team in the NFL, and they will throw out any stat to help their case.

I really cannot imagine the crisis we would experience in Fargo if UND beats su next year. Meltdown to the exponent infinity

Have anything actual numbers to back that claim up?  Here are the results of poll of NDSU students done in February of this year:

Do you think NDSU should play UND in football?

59% - Yes

32% - Indifferent

9% - No

Hardly a scientific poll. No more conclusive than a poll of Siouxsports.com or Bisonville might be. 

I really cannot imagine the crisis we would experience in Fargo if UND beats su next year. Meltdown to the exponent infinity

Would be rather interesting... I'd probably get a chuckle out of some reactions.

That said, I'd rather see ndsu win

I think that you've nailed it.  Probably the best explanation I've seen.

Hardly a scientific poll. No more conclusive than a poll of Siouxsports.com or Bisonville might be. 

1,700+ students responded.  9% don't want to play the game.  Unscientific or not, pretty much puts a pretty big dent in your illusion that the majority of NDSU fans don't want to play the game.  And it is a lot more than you have to back up your claims.

1,700+ students responded.  9% don't want to play the game.  Unscientific or not, pretty much puts a pretty big dent in your illusion that the majority of NDSU fans don't want to play the game.  And it is a lot more than you have to back up your claims.

Current NDSU students are a very small minority of NDSU fans.

The party line has always been the students don't care about the rivalry.  Proven false.  Verified when FU's homecoming court felt the need to makes a trip up to Grand Forks and it ended with a couple of them being arrested.

Again, I look forward to you providing me with something that proves the overwhelming majority don't want the game played.

Have anything actual numbers to back that claim up? Here are the results of poll of NDSU students done in February of this year:

Do you think NDSU should play UND in football?

59% - Yes

32% - Indifferent

9% - No

But alumni said he polled a bunch of tailgaters so his poll is a lot more accurate. Lol!!!

I am somewhat surprised about how many in Fargo say they don't want to play UND. There are a lot of them. of course, they will be first in line to actually watch the game. Many just feel that it is not in su's best interest to play.

Again, I look forward to you providing me with something that proves the overwhelming majority don't want the game played.

I never said anything of the kind. What I said was that most Bison fans either aren't interested in, or oppose the game. And that very few Bison fans strongly support renewing the game.

I never said anything of the kind. What I said was that most Bison fans either aren't interested in, or oppose the game. And that very few Bison fans strongly support renewing the game.

You got a link to that poll or you just pull numbers out of your @ss.

You got a link to that poll or you just pull numbers out of your @ss.

There is no such poll to link to...at least not that I'm aware of.

This is based entirely on my experience as a Bison fan and the idea that NDSU administrators do listen to fans and supporters. If those fans and supporters had really wanted this game to happen it would have happened years ago.

We're just supposed to trust him because he's here to "enlighten" us. :crazy:

Your reading comprehension is weak.

I never said that I was here to enlighten you...only that UND fans need enlightening. I couldn't care less if you get that needed enlightenment.