SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2014 Season

MafiaMan

More like if it wasn't the third time he was in trouble no action would have been taken against him, that guy is a slow learner.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/12/29/detroit-lions-ndamukong-suh-suspended/21018907/

The NFL did not cite Suh's history as a repeat violator in announcing his suspension like it did when it suspended Dominic Raiola one game last week for jumping on the ankle of Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ego Ferguson.

Again...Stafford has NEVER beaten a team on the road with a winning record.  That hardly has anything to do with a 0-16 season way back when.  If you are the #1 overall draft pick as a QB one would think he could beat a 3-2 or 6-5 team at some point on the road.

Again...it's a team game.  Archie Manning got the crap beat out of him, not because he sucked, but because the teams he played on sucked.

FB is the ultimate team game.

I still don't understand how the play where Lacy was rolling wasn't a fumble it isn't like the Detroit player touched Lacy and then ripped the ball out he hit the ball out on first contact just a stupid rule imo.

Lacy had control of the ball and as soon as he is touched ball is dead. Longstanding rule.

The OL "definitely reacted"? You mean the center getting pushed onto his butt? It would have been a GB penalty but the Lions RB flinching after that negated the original call?

Should have been offside. You are right cuz as soon as O-line reacted or got hit, play should have been dead. Announcers claimed d line jumping isn't excuse for RB to move but I thought play should have been over.

Should have been offside. You are right cuz as soon as O-line reacted or got hit, play should have been dead. Announcers claimed d line jumping isn't excuse for RB to move but I thought play should have been over.

Actually, the announcers were confused by the call. The official on the field announced that the RB wasn't protected from coming out of his stance once contact was made, so it was a false start. Garbage explanation.

To review: jump two feet offside and knock offensive lineman on his butt - if running back flinches, it's not a penalty on you, it's a false start. Got it.

Lacy had control of the ball and as soon as he is touched ball is dead. Longstanding rule.

Lacy lost control of the ball right when he was touched/hit.  I know by the rule it was the right call it was just the rule that didn't make any sense to me. He lost the ball right on the first touching which definitely seems like it should be considered a fumble it isn't like he was touched and then the ball was ripped away.

When's the last time the NFL suspended a player for a playoff game?

Probably the last time a player intentionally walked on another player in week 17 whose history included stomping on a downed player, kicking a player in the nuts, intentionally taking out a players legs, and quite a few more fines for QB abuse...so probably never. 

I have to assume you're screwing with the board MM, I couldn't defend this guy if it he my brother.  :lol:

In the last 21 seasons, New England has won the AFC East 14 times. All the other teams in the division have combined to win it a total of 7 times and 1 of those titles was by the 2008 Dolphins, who won the division because Tom Brady missed essentially the entire season due to injury. The team STILL finished 11-5 but lost a tie-breaker for the playoffs - and pounded the Dolphins 48-28 in Miami late in the season, meaning Miami needed help from others to win the division. The Patriots finished 4-2 in division play, going 2-0 against the Bills and 1-1 against the Jets and Dolphins.

Miami is in bad shape because management sucks! Plain and simple. When Don Shula retired, that team went downhill. Jimmy Johnson tried to turn a passing team into a running team by taking the ball out of Dan Marino's hand. Fail.  Enter Jay Fiedler, Brian Griese, Chad Pennington, Trent Green, and now Ryan Tannehill. Not exactly a bunch of HOF QB's, also you had Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates, Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles, and now Joe Philbin.  Out of those coaches 2 AFC East titles (2000, 2008). Tells you us Dolphins fans are tired of Stephen Ross and and the crappy ownership of the team. Its not the same when it was Joe Robbie, Don Shula, Dan Marino and a Super Bowl contender. Bills haven't been good since Kelly and Levy left. The Jets haven't been great since Namath. If NE didn't have Bill Belichick they would be in the same boat as the rest of the AFC East.

Miami is in bad shape because management sucks! Plain and simple. When Don Shula retired, that team went downhill. Jimmy Johnson tried to turn a passing team into a running team by taking the ball out of Dan Marino's hand. Fail. Enter Jay Fiedler, Brian Griese, Chad Pennington, Trent Green, and now Ryan Tannehill. Not exactly a bunch of HOF QB's, also you had Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates, Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles, and now Joe Philbin. Out of those coaches 2 AFC East titles (2000, 2008). Tells you us Dolphins fans are tired of Stephen Ross and and the crappy ownership of the team. Its not the same when it was Joe Robbie, Don Shula, Dan Marino and a Super Bowl contender. Bills haven't been good since Kelly and Levy left. The Jets haven't been great since Namath. If NE didn't have Bill Belichick they would be in the same boat as the rest of the AFC East.

...and that 2008 title should be marked with an asterisk as that's the year Tom Brady was hurt in the 1st quarter of the 1st game of the season and missed the rest of the year. The Patriots STILL went 11-5 and tied with the Dolphins at the top (but lost by tie-breaker rule, obviously).

Probably the last time a player intentionally walked on another player in week 17 whose history included stomping on a downed player, kicking a player in the nuts, intentionally taking out a players legs, and quite a few more fines for QB abuse...so probably never.

I have to assume you're screwing with the board MM, I couldn't defend this guy if it he my brother. :lol:

I'm not going to defend Suh's past - if you want to suspend him for the first five games of next season, go right ahead, but to penalize the team as they head to the playoffs? Unprecedented.

Let's not forget, this is the same league that dilly-dallied on suspensions for players who beat women, yet somehow managed to hand out swift punishment for this incident.

BTW, Rodgers gets up and gives Suh a slight shove while his two linemen look back and don't condront Suh at all over what happened. Way to stick up for the QB, guys!

...and that 2008 title should be marked with an asterisk as that's the year Tom Brady was hurt in the 1st quarter of the 1st game of the season and missed the rest of the year. The Patriots STILL went 11-5 and tied with the Dolphins at the top (but lost by tie-breaker rule, obviously).

Don't forget besides that, Brett Favre gave us that title because he sucked with the Jets.

I'm not going to defend Suh's past - if you want to suspend him for the first five games of next season, go right ahead, but to penalize the team as they head to the playoffs? Unprecedented.

Let's not forget, this is the same league that dilly-dallied on suspensions for players who beat women, yet somehow managed to hand out swift punishment for this incident.

BTW, Rodgers gets up and gives Suh a slight shove while his two linemen look back and don't condront Suh at all over what happened. Way to stick up for the QB, guys!

So the punishment shouldn't be immediate it should be pushed back to a more convenient time? Or "it's not fair to the team" if he's punished now? It's his responsibility to NOT put his team into a bad situation by what he did, it's not the leagues job to make sure the Lions have the best chance by pussing out and letting him play, which is exactly what they did.

If this is considered acceptable I think the Sioux should club every decent player we see the last month in the head with a stick and then say it's unfair to penalize us until next year so we have a fair chance to win the title.

Raiola definitely had malice of forethought whereas Suh had more of a "happy accident." 

Kind of like when you "accidentally" whack your buddy and then say "oh didn't see you there", it did look more like a poor acting performance than something menacing.  :lol:

• 1 month later...

St. Louis has come up with a new stadium plan to keep the Rams in St. Louis, the new stadium will be built on the banks of the Mississippi River.

http://www.hok.com/about/news/2015/01/09/peacock-and-blitz-unveil-study-for-new-st-louis-stadium/

The new Atlanta Falcons Stadium looks nice with a one-of-a-kind scoreboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKP7FaiqEE