SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Volleyball season

Dustin

UND beats Tulane again, 3-0.

UND is tougher to hit against because of the middle hitter 6'3 Faith Dooley is such a threat to block shots.  She's a type of player with height  that alters the game that UND hasn't had before.  USD has a 6'4 middle too, so they are a difficult adjustment to face.

Honestly, Moser moves too well to displace her. Dooley us just high end raw talent, and on the right the new freshman from Canada hits at a pretty good clip. I saw Thompson play briefly on Friday... I just don't see her being part of the rotation right now, but maybe I'm wrong. It seems that Coach Prior has got a core group that he feels he can really rely on right now, and the results seem to really support that it's working.

What happened to Tulane?  They only lost 4 times last year (once to us), but they for the most part looked lost and seemed to be still playing some upper classwomen.  

Surprised that we are playing so many freshman.  Very good sign of things to come.  Has the setter from Marshal gotten any time?