SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Volleyball season

Dustin

Lexi may be all tournament, but I doubt MVP. If George Washington goes 3-0, I bet their middle gets it. Looking at the box scores, she is putting up big numbers. Anything else anyone sees who is there in DC that they can share as to insight with the team and how they are playing?

UND beat a good Drake team in Des Moines, 3-0.  (26-24, 25-17, 25-12).  UND hit at a .308 clip.  Not bad. 

Nice way to end a long road trip, but I'm not sure how good Drake is.  Their RPI to end last season was 303, with a 2-28 record.  Their three wins this year are against UMKC, UNO, and Central Michigan.  I think UND is clearly the better team, and should have expected to win.

Am I reading the schedule correctly that we play Tulane and South Dakota twice - doubleheaders on Friday and Saturday? I don't have my season tickets with me - did we get tickets for these games with a season pass? Might try and make it. Also, planning on going to the su game next Tuesday. su's superbowl!

Saw Drake was 3-0 and Iowa teams are traditionally very good in volleyball.  My mistake.

Julie K (have to learn to spell that name) and C Moser really jumped to the forefront in kills.  Good sign, especially if Pioske is not 100%.  UND is very disciplined, as they are setting records on unforced errors.  Very good sign.

Dooley is a certified beast in the middle. Tulane has no answer for that size. With her and Moser in the middle my concern is going away about our middles

15-5 UND

Dooley is hitting at a 0.625 pace, with a couple blocks.  To think she's only a freshman.

Jules Kaczorowska is another freshman that is impressive.  

I didn't think UND would handle Tulane so easily.  Last season, Tulane was #54 in RPI with a 28-4 record.  They are 0-4 this year, but those losses came at UTSA (#49 RPI in '13, received votes this season in the coaches' poll), Texas A&M (#29 in RPI in '13), and Iowa (#119 in RPI in '13), so they haven't played slouches.  I hope this is an indication that we are a top 54 RPI program.

I was at the game. Dooley is as advertised. She's just having fun out there -- and only a freshman. Dooley, Moser and Kaz are a force in the middle. And Pioski and Robinson are dominate On the outside. Defense has improved immensely, especially MacKenzie Hart. They are committing fewer errors, they are not getting sucked up to the net leaving the back court undefended as much, and at times, they made their opponents look plain silly by baiting them, switching and placing the ball where they were not.

• Upvote 1