SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I suppose from a butts in the seats point of view, having "local" heroes does work, but the cup would be better

Whatever happened to the Tampa Bay "Malone"? Brad's cousin, if I recall.

Ryan Malone? Tampa bought him out after he was arrested last spring and the NY Rangers signed him. I believe they cut him loose earlier this season.

WOW in Tampa!

I'm happy for Montreal...that couldn't have happened to a better franchise.  And the best part about it was on the winning goal, PK Subban was way out of position after chasing Palat across the ice and couldn't get back to cover Johnson - game over!

Question...what's most likely to happen in game 4 tonight:

A) PK Subban will dive and embellish to try and draw penalties and give his team the man advantage

B) PK Subban will throw multiple slew foots

C) PK Subban will slash either Stamkos or Johnson baseball style early in the game to try and change the momentum of the series and then jump around on the ice when he's given a 10 and a game

D) All of the above

I'm happy for Montreal...that couldn't have happened to a better franchise. And the best part about it was on the winning goal, PK Subban was way out of position after chasing Palat across the ice and couldn't get back to cover Johnson - game over!

A) PK Subban will dive and embellish to try and draw penalties and give his team the man advantage

C) PK Subban will slash either Stamkos or Johnson baseball style early in the game to try and change the momentum of the series and then jump around on the ice when he's given a 10 and a game

D) All of the above

I wish I could remember what player it was who jumped over Bishop's outstretched arm (laying on the ice as he made a save) with one skate but made sure to rake his back foot right across Bishop's arm. Didn't bother to re-wind it but initial glance sure looked intentional.

I'm happy for Montreal...that couldn't have happened to a better franchise.  And the best part about it was on the winning goal, PK Subban was way out of position after chasing Palat across the ice and couldn't get back to cover Johnson - game over!

D) All of the above

Kinda picking the easy choices, don't you think?

I wish I could remember what player it was who jumped over Bishop's outstretched arm (laying on the ice as he made a save) with one skate but made sure to rake his back foot right across Bishop's arm. Didn't bother to re-wind it but initial glance sure looked intentional.

I just went and watched the game highlights.  You'll be surprised to find out that the player involved was Brandon Prust.

I know you are probably joking but I'm sure Toronto would want too many of their young players and not sure the Wild would even have the cap space. If Toronto would take something like Pomminville plus a prospect for Kessel I would make that move in a heartbeat however I doubt that is something that would interest them. Pomminville has been a frustrating player for me this year and especially in the playoffs missing the net and whiffing on so many chances set up by Granlund and Parise. 

So you saw the play I was referring to? What was your take on it?

I feel asleep last night so didn't catch the end of the game (I'm getting ooollddd).  This morning I watched the highlights a couple of times and thought nothing of it, until you called it out.  So then I went back and took a much closer look.  I do think that he intentionally kicked, however I think he was trying to kick the puck forward.  I don't think there was anything malicious like he was trying to kick Bishop's arm or anything.

I know you are probably joking but I'm sure Toronto would want too many of their young players and not sure the Wild would even have the cap space. If Toronto would take something like Pomminville plus a prospect for Kessel I would make that move in a heartbeat however I doubt that is something that would interest them. Pomminville has been a frustrating player for me this year and especially in the playoffs missing the net and whiffing on so many chances set up by Granlund and Parise. 

Adding Kessel to the Wild, no matter what they'd give up for him, would be a HUGE mistake.

• Upvote 2

The Wild had no problem giving up a draft pick for a guy who won't be around next season (Chris Stewart), why wouldn't Fletcher try to pick up a former Gopher?

The Wild had no problem giving up a draft pick for a guy who won't be around next season (Chris Stewart), why wouldn't Fletcher try to pick up a former Gopher?

That draft pick was like a 2017 2nd round pick so if Toronto was willing to take something that far into the future I'm sure he would be happy to make that move.

That draft pick was like a 2017 2nd round pick so if Toronto was willing to take something that far into the future I'm sure he would be happy to make that move.

"That far into the future" is only two seasons away. The Wild have enough problems on their team right now starting with Vanek. Do they REALLY want to take on Phil Kessel too?