SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I'm not shocked they lost, it was the manner in which they lost that bothered me. I didn't see the pushback that winning teams show - there was a little in the 2nd with the goal, but then the Blues got one right back, and MN seemed to give in for the night.

On a side note; I never liked the idea that a team is "due for a bad game". A good team should always play a good game, even if they don't win, IMO.

Adversity. Go back and look at pretty much every Stanley Cup champion starting with 2014 and you'll find that every single one dealt with some.

2014 Kings: blown out in game two of opening round vs Sharks 7-2. Also lost game three to go down in series 0-3.

2002 Red Wings: President's Cup champs lose first two games of opening round at home to Vancouver. Also lost game five of Western Conference Finals to Colorado at home to go down 3 games to 2.

2009 Penguins: Lost game five of SCF to Detroit 5-0.

2010 Blackhawks: blown out by Vancouver 5-1 at home in first game of second round.

2014 Kings: blown out in game two of opening round vs Sharks 7-2. Also lost game three to go down in series 0-3.

2002 Red Wings: President's Cup champs lose first two games of opening round at home to Vancouver. Also lost game five of Western Conference Finals to Colorado at home to go down 3 games to 2.

2009 Penguins: Lost game five of SCF to Detroit 5-0.

2010 Blackhawks: blown out by Vancouver 5-1 at home in first game of second round.

To add to the list, the 2013 Blackhawks were down 3 games to 1 against Detroit at one point

Adversity. Go back and look at pretty much every Stanley Cup champion starting with 2014 and you'll find that every single one dealt with some.

Of course - it's hockey.  Again, it's not the loss, but what I perceived as rolling over in the loss, that bothered me.

The Wild have been so good on the road the last three months, minimal concern here. 

Very true!

Do u think Dubs just needed a break - I was wondering if he could last - I sure hope he bounces back - he has had a icredible run

Terrible time for a burn out

I thought Yeo would pull him after the Statsny goal made it 4-1, which took the air completely out of the building.  

I thought Yeo would pull him after the Statsny goal made it 4-1, which took the air completely out of the building.

I agree. I looked at my buddy after the 4th goal and said that's it for Doobs. Nope. Kept him in there but was obvious to us all at the X that he didn't have it. Probably would not of mattered but Doobs needed to sit on the bench clear his head and get ready mentally for game 5.