SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Good point. It is understandable for those fans. I admit that my dislike of Gorg and other Gopher hockey announcers colors my perception of the Wild. :bigsmile:

How about the fact that any time a former Gopher is rumored to be on the market, the talk about the Wild acquiring him bombards local media? Can we get Thomas Vanek? Hey, how about Jordan Leopold? Does Phil Kessel want to come back?

Not to mention that every Gopher fan I know owns a Parise Wild jersey...yet when he played at North Dakota, they absolutely DESPISED him. Mentioned that to one buddy and got the "yea, but he's from Minnesota" line. As expected, I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Good point. It is understandable for those fans. I admit that my dislike of Gorg and other Gopher hockey announcers colors my perception of the Wild. :bigsmile:

How about the fact that any time a former Gopher is rumored to be on the market, the talk about the Wild acquiring him bombards local media? Can we get Thomas Vanek? Hey, how about Jordan Leopold? Does Phil Kessel want to come back?

Not to mention that every Gopher fan I know owns a Parise Wild jersey...yet when he played at North Dakota, they absolutely DESPISED him. Mentioned that to one buddy and got the "yea, but he's from Minnesota" line. As expected, I suppose.

Absolutely true, and I can't argue that some wild fans are out of their minds (see mid-year meltdown).  I tend not to listen to the announcers too intently, but they sure do love their gophs (and can also turn a blind eye to the colleges of Parise, Suter and even Zucker).

I totally agree. The Wild have the ugliest uniforms in hockey, especially the red with the green, followed closely by the green with the red. I frankly don't understand why so many people who are Sioux fans like the Wild. In addition to the ugliest uniforms, the announcers are Kevin Gorg and Anthony LaPanta, 2 Gopher homers. Every time I see Gorg I want to either barf or hit him in the face. Plus, they have the same fans as the Gophers, which is the biggest reason I want the Gophers to lose. I have nothing against the Gopher players, but the fans are beyond annoying. Finally, they are probably the most boring team in the NHL to any objective observer. With all due respect to Zach Parise (who I admire and love to watch), the Wild is a team of plumbers and play the most boring style in hockey.

You're dead on. LaPanties is the worst in the business. When he yells "SCORE!", I want to punch him in the head.

I totally agree. The Wild have the ugliest uniforms in hockey, especially the red with the green, followed closely by the green with the red. I frankly don't understand why so many people who are Sioux fans like the Wild. In addition to the ugliest uniforms, the announcers are Kevin Gorg and Anthony LaPanta, 2 Gopher homers. Every time I see Gorg I want to either barf or hit him in the face. Plus, they have the same fans as the Gophers, which is the biggest reason I want the Gophers to lose. I have nothing against the Gopher players, but the fans are beyond annoying. Finally, they are probably the most boring team in the NHL to any objective observer. With all due respect to Zach Parise (who I admire and love to watch), the Wild is a team of plumbers and play the most boring style in hockey.

I couldn't have said this better myself... I just don't get why so many people here are on the Wild bandwagon... No way in Hell could I ever cheer for a team that the Rodent fans love. I do hope Parise scores every goal (unassisted) for the Wild, but I also hope they lose every game...

• Upvote 1

I couldn't have said this better myself... I just don't get why so many people here are on the Wild bandwagon... No way in Hell could I ever cheer for a team that the Rodent fans love. I do hope Parise scores every goal (unassisted) for the Wild, but I also hope they lose every game...

Just because gopher fans like the Wild you don't? Talk about narrow minded. I bet whatever team you follow that there are gopher fans that do too. Once players leave college and they play for either the Wild or my other team the Hawks, I could care less if they play for the gophers. Just produce and help the team.
  • Upvote 1

Just because gopher fans like the Wild you don't? Talk about narrow minded. I bet whatever team you follow that there are gopher fans that do too. Once players leave college and they play for either the Wild or my other team the Hawks, I could care less if they play for the gophers. Just produce and help the team.

Totally agree, it's an illness for some people honestly!

• Upvote 1

Totally agree, it's an illness for some people honestly!

It is an illness. Everybody here basically loves hockey. Former gopher players are just that, HOCKEY players. So just because they played for Minnesota some people will never have the time of day for them in the NHL. Talk about being ignorant. Don't get it.

• Upvote 1

There are many reasons not to cheer for the Wild..That is just one of them (albeit an important one).  Give me one reason I should be cheering for them... like their 'exciting" style of play (Nope)...or those Christmas tree colored uniforms (Nope)... or the broadcast team (Nope)... or because they are/were the closest team to ND (Nope)... Damn right I can be narrow minded about certain things, and doubt your opinion will change that...

There are many reasons not to cheer for the Wild..That is just one of them (albeit an important one).  Give me one reason I should be cheering for them... like their 'exciting" style of play (Nope)...or those Christmas tree colored uniforms (Nope)... or the broadcast team (Nope)... or because they are/were the closest team to ND (Nope)... Damn right I can be narrow minded about certain things, and doubt your opinion will change that...

Not sure where I said you had to like the Wild. Anyhoo carry on.